Chapter 17~Home is Where the Heart Is

Author's Note: This chapter was inspired by the song "Taking You With Me" by Relient K.

Edited by: Supermaaan14

Letter #1

Dear Mum,

You told me to send you a letter every week, so here's the first one. It's 2 a.m. now and we've finally settled in. God, I'm so jet lagged from the flight. But I really wanted to tell you how things are going. I'm glad I was able to call you when I got home from the airport though. After all, you were so upset when I told you a couple weeks ago that I was leaving. I remember you crying, the make up running down your face...

"Mum? We're home!" I yelled as I closed the door behind Harry and I.

I hadn't told him about the lunch with my dad yet, but I'm pretty sure he knew. For one, he seemed really on edge. Two, he wouldn't stop giving me weird looks (that I was pretending to ignore.) Someone probably told him that I'd gotten pulled out of class and when I didn't show up at lunch, I bet he was smart enough to put things together.

It's not that I didn't want to tell him. I just wanted to talk to mum first. To be honest, I was kind of nervous about how'd they react. One minute I had been telling them that I'd never go, and now I was leaving almost without a second thought.

My dad had shown me pictures of him and Jace. I can tell Jace is really good for my dad. He'd also shown me pictures of my sisters and I realized how much I missed them and needed to see them. Not to mention the twins, Ernest and Doris, they had adopted.

"How was your day boobear?" My mum asked, making me sit down to eat the after school snack she had made us.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname as I dipped an apple slice in peanut butter, "Good. I aced that Chemistry test I took last week."

"Really?" She smiled.

I nodded, "Ninety-eight percent."

"That's good. I'm so proud of you. Anything else?" I swear that she and Harry shared a look I wasn't supposed to see after she said it.

I looked down, " Well...there's something I have to tell you." No sense in putting it off any longer.

"Yeah?"

I felt Harry's eyes on me and I felt like he was looking through me into soul. That was one thing about Harry. He was usually so quiet, sweet and sensitive. But when he got suspicious or angry he could be kind of scary.

Sometimes I felt like he had two different personalities. At times he'd be the young, shy guy he was when I first met him. But other times he would surprise me and be this confident, sexual, dominant person.

"I'm going to go live with dad."

Mum drew in a sharp gasp, "What?"

"I'm going to live with dad..."

"But why?" Tears were already forming in her eyes.

"Well he came to school today and took me out to lunch. He really has changed mum."

"That's bullshit Lou. People like your father don't change." She said angrily.

"You're wrong. He really has. I promise."

She looked at me with so much rage, I thought she might actually kill me "No."

"Mum, just please listen to me. I thought you wanted me to leave anyways. You said it'd make things easier."