Chapter 16~ Changed

Author's Note: I usually don't dedicate chapters anymore, but this is dedicated to: feeels

She is/was my Internet friend for a while now. We recently got into a fight and I just wanted to say I'm sorry:) You're right, I shouldn't have commented on that post and I probably could've been nicer. Anyways, she gave me the idea for HIM coming back and I can't thank her enough because it makes the book so much better. Read on :)

Edited by: Supermaaan14

Louis' POV:

"What? Who?" I asked my mother in shock as fear spread through my body like a wildfire. The only person I could think of was Harry's dad, but there's no way he could escape prison, right?

"Your father," She said through her sobs.

I stood there, stunned. I hadn't seen my dad in years. So, why the heck would he be back now? It made no sense. How did he even find us? And where was he at the moment?

"Why???" I finally was able to say as I regained control of my body.

"He wants you to go live with him."

"Well, he can fuck off because it's not happening."

She wiped a tear. "I know, but we may not have a choice..."

"Of course we have a choice! Or at least we deserve to have one. He can't control us."

"He may decide to bring it to court. And with everything that's been going on, the judge could decide that living with him would be a safer and more stable environment."

"But that's stupid! We're just starting to get settled and things have been better. I'm back in school, Harry is staying in touch with Gemma, you're racking in money with you're new job. What else could we need?"

"Not everyone would see it that way, Boobear."

"Well, too bad for them! This is the first time I actually feel like a family...I'm not giving that up."

She sighed, "Lou, maybe it'd be best if you just gave him what he wanted. At least for the rest of the school year."

"WHAT?! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE ACTUALLY SUGGESTING THAT!!!"

"It'd only be for a couple months and-"

I cut her off. "You don't even want your own son." I glared and went upstairs to my room, slamming the door, despite hearing the sobs coming from my mother.

I flopped onto my bed and sighed. Just when I thought my life was getting better, something or someone had to come along and throw it back into chaos. I just wanted one minute of peace. Was that too much to ask?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Louis, wake up," a voice said to me as I lifted my heavy eyelids.

I groaned and rolled over. "Go away."

"Louis.." Harry said again.

I sat up. "What?!"

He looked at me, hurt. "I just wanted to tell you it's time for dinner."

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Harry. I'm just really frustrated and upset right now."

He gave me a sympathetic look and hugged me. "It's going to be okay, I promise. Now let's go eat," he said offering me his hand. I took it and we headed downstairs.

Mum had put a pizza on the table. I'm guessing she was too upset to really cook. And when I sat down and looked at her from across the table, I could tell she was trying to hold it together.