Chapter 23~ I Think I Wanna Marry You

Edited by: Supermaaan14

"YOU WANT TO DO WHAT???" My mum whispered yelled.

"I want to marry Harry." I said calmly,

"You're kidding right?" She looked shocked.

"Um, no. I was actually serious...?"

"You're crazy, Louis!"

"What's so crazy about me wanting to marry Harry?" I asked, slightly angry.

"What's so crazy? Louis, you just turned eighteen a few months ago. Harry just turned sixteen. You're still in high school, you haven't even started university yet. You are way too young to be getting married."

"I don't see why it's such a big deal, I'm an adult now."

She scoffed, "Barely. Either way, you still live in my house, under my rules."

"You've supported me with everything else! Why can't you just support me now?"

"Because this is completely different! I'm not going to just let you throw your life away."

"Oh, okay. So, now, me being with Harry is throwing my life away?"

She glared at me. "You know I didn't mean it like that, Louis."

"Then how did you mean it?"

"Look, people change. He's just sixteen. In ten years both of you could be a completely different people. You can't just make such a big decision like that at your age."

"If we do change, we'll change together."

"You may not even be together in 2 months."

"I KNOW we will."

"You can't know the future."

"Maybe not, but that isn't a reason to not live my life. You never know what will happen the minute you step outside of your house, yet you still go out."

"I'm not going to let you do this."

"Why? Just because it didn't work out for you? Harry and I aren't you and dad, mum."

She sighed and leaned back onto the pillows on her bed. "I know that, but it doesn't mean I want to let you risk that possibility."

I took her hand in mine. "Mum, I know it's a big step, but-"

She cut me off. "Huge step; gigantic; enormous."

I nodded, "Yes,  I know, but it's one I feel ready and willing to take. And if Harry and I come across anything, we'll face it together. I promise things will work out."

She shook her head. "Don't promise that."

"Well, is there anything I can do to convince you?" I asked.

"That this is a good idea? No, but you're right. I've always supported you and I'm not going to stop you. If you really want to do this, then go ahead. I'll help pay for it and organize it and blah, blah, blah. Because I'm just that amazing of a mum."

I kissed her cheek. "Thank you so much. I love you."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, but there are a few conditions."

I nodded, "Okay?"

"You have to talk to your dad about it, and Zayn, and you have to figure out what you're doing for uni."

"Deal."

~

Believe it or not, finding out what I wanted to do for university was probably one of the easiest parts of the whole thing. My grades had never been the best, so I wasn't looking to go to Cambridge or anything, but they weren't bad either. And I wanted to stay close to, or in the area so I could still live with Harry and my mum. So, I chose Doncaster University. I was going to major in Education because I've always wanted to be a teacher.