Chapter 22~ This Is Home

Edited by: Supermaaan14

The rest of the time with Dad and Jace passed by quickly. They were filled with family dinners, home school, trips to the mall and into the city. The weeks flashed by in a blink of an eye.

Harry and I were currently packing up the last of our bags before we left later today. Harry was in his room, while I was in mine. It seemed like only 5 minutes ago that we were unpacking them, but yet here we were.

I was genuinely sad to be leaving. It just felt way too early for us to be leaving all of this. Two months have never passed by so quickly in my life. In just two months we'd experienced so much. Both of us, in different ways.

To start, Harry had been able to have one of his dreams fulfilled-or at least part of it. I knew he'd never forget our trip to Disneyland. And he had a souvenir that I got him to prove it, which was a small paper airplane necklace. He hadn't taken it off since I bought it.

Him and Jace had grown pretty close as well. He opened up to Jace in ways he's opened up to almost no one in. Jace had lost his mother when he was young too, and although his dad was never abusive like Devon, he had become distant. Jace used that to be able to relate to Harry and help him with things that my mother, Lou, and I couldn't.

He told us the healing process is slow, but not impossible.

I also experienced things I would never forget.

Coming here had enabled me to get to know my sisters. It gave me an opportunity to be the big brother I was never able to be. I've never been quite that responsible, but with the girls it was like I had something to prove. It allowed to me to be good at something; a good older brother.

And, of course, there was my dad. If you'd asked me 3 months ago if I ever thought I'd speak to my dad, I would've said no straight off the bat. And if you'd asked me if I would move in with him, I might have slapped you, but the odd thing was that I'd done all of those things. Not only that, but I'd forgiven him. I wouldn't necessarily say we've become super close, not as close as Jace and Harry anyways, but we had become what we were supposed to be; Father and Son.

There was a knock on my door as I zipped up my suitcase with a sigh. That was it. All of my stuff was ready to go. We were leaving as soon as Harry and I both were done packing so we could catch our fight at the LAX airport.

"Come in!" I said.

Harry entered the room with a smile. "You almost done?"

I nodded, "Actually, I'm done now."

Harry looked around the room, which was now bare. The walls were stripped of the pictures, the bed sheets gone, and all of my dirty clothes finally off the floor. I smiled to myself knowing that my dad would have been happy that I'd finally cleaned my room, but he would wish it was under different circumstances. The only thing remaining was a picture on the night stand of me, Harry, dad, Jace, and both sets of twins.

I grabbed it and put it into the front pocket of my suitcase. That was definitely something I didn't want to leave behind.

"I'm going to miss this place, Lou." Tears threatened to leak from his eyes and he sniffed.

"Aw Haz, c'mere." I got up and wrapped my arms around him as he stepped into my hug. "I'm going to miss it, too. But we'll be back before we know it, yeah?"

He nodded and I used my thumb to wipe away the tears on his cheek.

"Good. Now, let's head downstairs. They're all waiting."

I took Harry's hand in one of mine, my suitcase in the other.

~

"Well, I guess this is it," Jace said.