3. Dramatic Endeavours

Finley pov-

Finley pov-

"Hey! Look who finally decided to show up!" 

A light-hearted voice flutters from the stage as Kaeden and I enter the theatre. He calls out to them but I wasn't paying attention as I look up in awe at the large theatre in the round. I was never really a theatre person, only stepping foot inside these elegant spaces for mandatory events involving family where I usually got bored out of my mind and fell asleep. But there was something different here, I just couldn't quite put a finger on it. 

"Finley!" 

I turn around at Kaeden's call to face a strange looking bunch of people sitting on the stage. 

"As I was saying, guys this is Finley. He's going to be joining us for the semester." Kaeden introduces me to the small group and I give a brief wave of the hand. 

"Cool, so this is the cast of our show. You've already met Cassie and Sonya," He points to the two girls sitting closest to us. He then points to the couch on stage where two people in an intense fist fight. 

"The two guys back there fucking with each other are Noell and Vahn," Noell, who I'm assuming was the guy on top, hops off the couch and turns to us. 

"Hey! I've seen you around, it's so nice to finally meet you!" He says with such a twinkle of bright enthusiasm with a voice so soft and feminine. He reminds me of my cousin Mari and I instantly decide that I don't like him. Vahn on the other hand, was very tall, like over 6 feet tall, insanely muscular guy with a mop of curly brown hair. I don't like him either. But not because he was annoying, it was because I got this weird vibe coming off him. Like he's something I should stay away from.

 I've ignored this feeling before for one other person but I refuse to make that mistake again. 

"And this is Maisie," A beautiful young woman, dressed like a goddess in a flowy white dress seems to almost take over the stage with just the grace of her walk alone as her heels click against the hardwood floor. She was the only one who didn't bother with the slightest smile, not even a fake one. She almost looked me over with a twinge of disappointment that made me feel self conscience. 

"Hey! Stop checking out my girlfriend!" Noell chirps in the background and I almost burst out laughing at the thought of them dating. My muted laughter accidentally comes out as something between a cough and a snort which Kaeden elbows me for. He looks upstairs as if to tell me he'll explain later. 

"Alright you guys get back to practice. I'm just going to show ol' Finney boy the ropes," Kaeden says and grabs hold of my shoulders, turning me around so we could walk up one of the staircases to a small black booth. 

"Don't call me that," I warn, feeling triggered by the very nickname.

 "Oh, Finney? Alright, Fin it is then," he shrugs, unoffended as he takes a silver key from his pocket and unlocks the door.