21. Confidence

-kaeden pov-

I look in the full-length mirror hanging on my closet door as I pull on my dark jeans. Wandering around my closet shirtless as I try to find a button up shirt. Tracing the raised scars on my flat chest with my fingertips before reading my watch. It was getting close to five and I was going to Finley's apartment at six for dinner. 

There's a small knock on the door disturbs my search and I call out for whoever it was to come in. The clicking of heels on the floor told me it must be Maisie. 

"What's up?" I ask without looking as I continue to go through shirt after shirt.

 "Um...I just wanted to ask for your opinion on how I look. Since you're a man and all,"

A coy voice squeaks out and once I turn to see who it is my jaw unhinges and falls to the floor. A beautiful woman stands before me with long luscious waves of light brown hair and a beautiful full face of makeup that caught my eye. The long eyelashes over dark brown smokey eyeshadow and intense eyeliner to bring out her giant ocean blue eyes. Her plump lips puckered nervously in dark blue lipstick and her outfit had cool blue tones with a black t-shirt made partially out of fishnet and a light dusty blue bomber jacket to go over it paired with jet black skinny jeans to show off her natural curves. The Electric blue heels over manicured toes put the whole outfit together and she gives off a nervous giggle.

 "I can't tell if your speechlessness is a good or bad thing," She speaks softly and I try to put my jaw back in place so I can speak.

 "Holy shit Noell...Oh my god...Noell? Is that even...Noell holy shit you're fucking gorgeous," I stutter out and Noell grins from ear to ear. 

"Thanks, I know you wouldn't let me walk out in public looking busted," Noell laughs. 

"What...what is this for?" I ask, having to pause my search to sit down and catch my breath while staring in awe at this gorgeous human. 

"I'm going to a drag festival with a few friends of mine so I figured why not be a little fluid," Noell shrugs and pats me on the head. 

"Well, you look hot as fuck, Are you going to keep your name and do you want me to use different pronouns?" I ask, scratching the back of my head and Noell giggles again. 

"Well I know it's stupid, but I was thinking since I love my name of Noell and Noell is reminds me of Christmas and jolly little songs I thought I would go by Christina Song. It's plain and boring but I like it. And I think I've always been gender nonconforming, just use what you think is appropriate at the time," she asks and I stand up. 

She's a lot taller than me in the four-inch heels but damn. I don't even like women but I can appreciate a beautiful woman when I see one. 

"I think that name is perfect for you. It's not stupid at all and you look fantastic, I can't get over it," I say honestly and she kisses my cheek. 

"Ah! I'm so happy you're supportive. I knew you wouldn't be weird about it," she burst out in joyful happiness. 

"If it makes you happy, it makes me happy. But you said you were going with friends right? I don't want you to walk around looking like this alone," I warn and his happiness diminishes. They were right, it's moment like this where I am the stern father. 

 "What do you mean? I'm going to meet them at the festival," she says while innocently blinking.

 "Sweetheart, you're a woman now and some men can be disgusting pigs. What if you get kidnapped? I don't want to put a damper on your day, but I want you to come home alive and well. Especially if you're going to be out late. I would go with you, but I have to meet Fin's family for dinner," I suggest and she nods.

 "You're right Kae Kae, I know you just want me to be safe. I didn't think about that. I'll convince Vahn to go with me then!" she says and ruffles my hair.

 "Oh by the way. I think that dark purple button up you have with the pattern and gelling down your hair would be perfect for your date." She adds before leaving me to finish getting ready. 

***********

A very special man in my life helped me create a playlist for my little Noell/Christina. 

We've been jamming out to it all night and hope you do too!

Our favorite song to sing along to?
All, but London Bridge got us going crazy