33. Assaulted Prince

^Finley POV^

^Finley POV^

"Open up," 

"I'm not a toddler,"

"Now," 

"Fine," 

Cassie fights with me as I take a sip of chicken soup from the spoon she holds to my lips. It was delicious and reminded me of home, but my body seems to reject it as I start to shiver. 

The room had been lit with large candles the crew had bought before meeting up here. The glowing candlelight matched the uneasiness that had settled over the room. I sit up with a pillow to my back as Cassie holds the warm bowl of soup beside me. Kaeden stands at the doorway, quietly talking to Vahn but I was too far away to hear what they were saying. 

Noell curls up at the bottom of the mattress like a small kitten with their head rested on my ankles as they fall into a deep asleep. Sonya sits by her laptop, quicky typing something out with Tizzy looking over her shoulder and nodding in quiet agreement.

 Meanwhile, Maisie just sits in the corner with her arms crossed and her lips pouted like she had something to say but was too shy to say it.

A loud bang causes the girls to scream in fear while Kaeden and Vahn turn back towards the downstairs. The banging happens again like a loud knock and the two guys look at each other. Vahn tightens his fist while Kaeden grabs hold of a metal baseball bat Maisie had brought with her.

"Be careful," I cough out and Kae looks at me one last time before raising the bat to his shoulder and walking downstairs with Vahn, my heart starts to race in fear I hear the door open and a silence ensues before the thudding of footsteps echoes to the room.

My cousin Mari and Jamie appear in the doorway, gasping for air as Mari rushes up to me.

"Finley, we have to get you out of here now!" He yells and Jamie tries to help me up but I was too weak to stand and end up having a cough attack that forces me back down.

"Why?" I cough and Mari bites his lip meaning it was bad.

"There's a warrant out for your arrest. Your parents are on their way with the king but until then the government is about to arrest you for treason," Jamie explains and my mouth drops.

 "What!" Kaeden and I cry out at the same time only to have a second knock on the front door. 

"We have to get out of here!" Mari repeats the general sentiment and I try to force my body to work but it collapses on me again and Kaeden quickly picks me up. Tizzy suddenly bolts up and looks out the window.

"THEY HAVE US SURROUNDED!" She screams before a loud crash and the sound of shattered glass hitting the floor fills the room as a canister starts spraying white fog.

"Shit! EVERYBODY DOWN!" Vahn screams and Kaeden quickly drops while holding me as the bullets start to spray into the room. The sound of multiple boots hitting the hardwood fills the room and Kaeden lets go of me, standing up and putting his hands in the air.

"KAEDEN NO!" I wail while Mari and Jamie try to pull me back but it was too late. I couldn't see through the thick smoke and I could barely hear from the ringing of the bullets in my ears but I knew this was the end when the cool metallic cuffs hit my wrist.

"MARI!" I hear Jamie scream but I couldn't see him when a dark cloth is suddenly placed over my head and I'm yanked upwards.  

"HAMIE!" I could hear Mari squeal from next to me, meaning they had taken my cousin too. 

"FINLEY!" Kae yells my name but I'm hit with something that sends me reeling forward and the blackout ensues. 

************

Anyone like the new Dysphoria cover?