41. Bad Reputation

~Kaeden POV~ 

I held a small tray of appetizers as I walked through the crowd, scanning for the devil amongst us. I walk down the large main stairs to the servants hall, watching Noell dance her way to seven different men on the dance floor while Jamie observed from a protective distance. 

I was also surprised to see Sonya had also joined the dance with a tall blonde guy that I hadn't seen before. Observing her was Vahn, making sure she was safe although she showed no signs of discomfort and was even laughing at whatever this man was telling her.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and turn into the servant's hall before the kitchen. Puting my empty tray down on a table so I could grab a new one. With a small clatter, I rest it on top of another tray and brush my hands on my apron, so frustrated by not spotting Giani that I hardly noticed another man in a black tux had walked down the hallway.

"Tremblay," 

At the mention of my last name, I quickly turn around only to be grabbed by my shirt and dragged down the hall by an unknown man who was a hell of a lot stronger than me. Shoved into a supply closet, he shuts and locks the door behind us before turning to me.

"What are you-"

Before I can say another word, the older man grabs my throat and forces me against the hard unfinished brick wall, choking me so I couldn't talk but not to the point where I couldn't breathe. 

I gasp as I grab hold of his wrists, trying to push him off me. The only light in the room was that coming from the small window close to the ceiling casting an orange glow across the older man with peppered black hair and dark hazel eyes holding a pissed off glint. He looked like he wanted to rip my throat out and leave my body in this closet to rot. 

"I have no idea who you are but let's get one thing straight. I don't like you and I don't trust you," 

He growls close to my face and I come to realize his face looked extremely familiar. 

"So whatever you're planning, cut it now, because I'm not letting you kill my son," 

He adds and I can feel my eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets.

This is one of Finley's fathers.

Oh shit

"NOELL'S LOCATED GIANI, MEET ON THE ROOF!" 

"You have...every right to...hate me," 

I gasp in between sharp breaths and he loosens his fingers around my vocal chords but keeps me pinned to the wall.

"But I won't let anything happen to him. You have my word sir," 

I try to beg so he could let go of me and I could bargain with Giani for my Finley's life. 

He narrows his hazel eyes which were so close to Finley's that it hurt to maintain eye contact because I missed him so much. He grits his teeth and lets go of me.

"I'm going with you,"