26. The Color of Despair

-kaeden pov-

I put my feet out, ready to kick and let go of the rope, sending both of us rocketing straight through the plaster. 

A puff of white smoke surrounds us as we fall onto the sidewalk coughing and rolling. 

But we couldn't rest just yet. 

Choking on the dust from the drywall and covered in scratches from the sidewalk I go to stand.

I quickly find out my boyfriend had managed to roll his way into an expensive looking car parked on the street creating a large dent in the door. 

"Unnnng what the fuck just happened," Fin groans as I grab his arms and pick him up, opening the car door through the shattered window and shoving him inside. 

"What are you doing?" He asks and I get in on the other side, using my skills from working tech into the booth to hack into the systems engineering and push the button to start. 

"Kaeden...Kaeden go!" Fin screams and I look over to see the officers were making their way through the massive hole we created. 

"Shit, shit, shit," I step on the gas and turn the wheel without taking into account the fact I have no fucking idea as to how to drive a car. 

"Kaeden! Are you fucking blind? If we don't die by the border patrol, we're going to die with your shitty driving, get out!" Finley yells at me as we stop at a light behind another car only meters away from the theatre. 

"I can't get out, we don't have time!" I scream back at him in a panic and he gets out of his seat, sliding over the console to sit on my lap and grab hold of the wheel.

 I get my feet off the pedals and steps on the gas sending us flying backward. His head hitting mine causing me to bite my lip so hard it bleeds. 

He pulls up onto the sidewalk and runs the red light, driving into traffic to the loud angry honking of other cars as he does and goes straight into a one-way road before flipping some switch on the console and drifting at the end of the road

I can hear the blaring screams of car horns and feel the darted glares of people flipping us off as I held onto his waist in fear.

 Instead of focusing on the outside, I get a small glance of his face which held such an intense focus if I broke it we would both be dead. 

Not wanting to see the mess we were causing on the roadways, I hide my face in the soft pillowy fabric of his sweatshirt while screaming on the inside.

We start drifting again but this time, into a tight 360 circle that I feel in my gut and makes me car sick. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to focus on other things. Anything other than Finley's driving. 

Instead, I pay attention to his waist in my hands, not a single pinch of fat was on these hips of his since he works out every morning like its a fucking addiction. This beautifully toned body was the reason why whenever we walked around in public I could feel the jealous stares from men and women alike.

 I use Finley as a distraction and try the block out the fact that I was almost deported for being true to who I am.

 In the hood of his sweatshirt, his smell overtakes my nostrils and I press my ear to his back, hearing his heart pounding against his chest just as hard as mine was. 

Even though on the outside we both appeared so calm, we were both just barely keeping it together for the other.