Epilogue

5 Years Later

5 Years Later

"Mmm," 

I tiredly swat at whatever it was attacking my face and turn over in the warm sheets. I stretch out my foot to feel for another presence but was disappointed by the lack of leg hair, which means Kaeden had already left.

The poking and prodding happen again but I was so tired and sore that I kept my eyes closed and prayed to the gods it would stop. 

But who am I kidding?

 They're our babies, of course, they're not going to stop.

"Papa? Are you awake?"

I feel my little girl crawling onto the bed and over my body like a mountain climber before I feel the bed shift in front of me and I open my eyes to two little hazel-gray eyes gazing into mine.

"I am now, what are you doing up Noell?" I ask her and she grabs my cheeks in her hands. Her short raven black hair flowing in a messy bed head. 

"Baby Rion woke me up with his crying but daddy took him out and told me to find you," she says and I hold in my groan. I wanted to sleep but it was hard to be mad at her sweet little face.

"Mmm okay, good morning baby girl," I yawn and she rubs her little nose against mine.

"Good morning Papa," She giggles and wraps her little arms around my neck. I go to hold her little body only to realize she wasn't wearing any clothes. 

"Noell, why are you naked?" I ask and she sits up.

"Because I'm a free spirit Papa! Clothes are too restricting on my soul!" She whines and I sit up, pointing to the door. 

"Go put clothes on right now young lady, there are strangers surrounding this boat and your daddy and I don't need our child's...just go!" I yell at her and she reluctantly obeys, stomping her little bare feet as she goes.

I fall back into bed with a loud groan running my hands over my face with stress.

"That crazy child, My god, what have we created?" I mutter under my breath before rolling off the bed and painfully stretching as I force myself to get up.

"PAPA!" My daughter screams my name in a way that had my paternal instincts on high alert and I quickly rush out of the bedroom, hitting the wall first since these stupid hallways were so narrow and bouncing downstairs.

"What?!" I pant and my daughter; who was now at least wearing a nightgown, stood in the middle of the kitchen and points to her little brother, who was currently standing on the kitchen counter rummaging through the cabinet with his little three-year-old self. 

"Kaeson Harper Tremblay, just what do you think you're doing?" I ask and the little monkey peeks out from behind the door to the cabinet with a mouth stuffed full of Oreo's.