6. The Diva in Disguise

--Finley pov--

--Finley pov--

"Noell is tired, he thinks it's too early for this shit but Kaeden dragged him out of bed so now he's here," Noell yawns out loud. His head bobbing up and down on Maisie's shoulder while she carries him on her back as we walk through Regent's park on our way to Soho. 

"You should be thankful that Kaeden did it instead of me," Maisie grunts as she holds him up. The sight of this tall woman carrying her half-asleep boyfriend who is at least a foot shorter was unusual and amusing to those walking past, but personally, I was never one to judge these things. I kind of wished the other girl Sonya was here instead of them but she had better things to do

"You're right, Kae is a gentleman. You're something else," Noell mutters and she turns on her heel. Walking crossing in front of us to get closer to the river.

 "I wonder if you'll fully wake up after I drop you in the river." She threatens and he holds on tighter. 

"No! You know I'm scared of birds! Stop being so mean!" He cries out. 

"Come on guys, if you keep acting like this, it's going to be a long day." Kaeden, Who apparently plays the role of the great mediator, steps in before she actually does dump Noell into the pitch black water. 

"Kaeden, you gotta learn to live a little, take some risks, have fun!" Maisie whines but Kaeden stays unresponsive to her pleas. 

"When have I ever been the fun one in the group?" Kaeden asks them.

 "The man has a point. He's more like the stern disapproving dad if anything," Noell pouts and I look at Kaeden's rigid face, his light brown eyes were dull and unchanging. 

But why were they so dead? I had only known the man for a few days but it looked like there was something off. Did something happen? 

Then again it's also 8 am, so I decided to just chalk it up to exhaustion.

"Why am I always the dad? Why can't I be the uncle or something?" He grumbles as he takes a sip of his coffee. Amused, I rest my hands in my pockets. 

"Because you always make sure we're taken care of. Uncles don't do that and usually, uncles are the fun guys because they can return the kids at the end of the day. You can't," Maisie argues. Reaching the park exit, Noell hops off her back and ruffles Kae's messy hair. 

"You know you love us either way," He giggles and Kaeden rolls his eyes as we head into the underground station.