45. Aftermath

~Kaeden POV~

"It looks like he's going to be okay but they're going to keep him for observation. Cassie and Maisie are also doing well and should be discharged today. Vahn told me to let you know that he's going to be taking them home with Sonya and not to worry," Marius announces after getting insight from the doctors on his condition. 

Finley's fever had finally broken this morning and it seems like he's finally stabilizing we were just waiting for him to wake up. 

But to me, it seemed like an eternity, and every second he spent asleep had me on edge.

What if he never wakes up? 

I was already pushing my sore grief for my sweet Noell and marvelous Tizzy to the side so I could be strong for Fin in front of his family. But I don't think I'll be able to go on if he leaves me too.

"Thank you, Mari," Finley's father nods to his nephew and Mari gives a small smile before leaving the room. The silence between us Finley's father Ashley, his brother AJ, and I was filled with tension. Although they hadn't spoken a word to me since we got here, their actions spoke for themselves.

They were blaming me for what happened to him, as they rightfully should.

I let out a small sigh and let my head fall, staring at Finley's bandaged feet from when he ran into the shattered glass to find Tizzy. I gently tug at the blanket I brought for him to cover his toes, knowing how much he hates it when his feet are uncovered. I run my hand over his covered ankles just because I needed to feel like he was still here. 

"You haven't left,"  Ashley comments and I look up to see he wasn't wearing the same deep-set frown that he had before. AJ seems surprised at this but goes along with it.

"Why would I?" I ask and he grunts.

"I thought we would have scared you off by now," He snorts as he crosses his arms. 

"Not to be rude, but I simply don't care. Finley means the world to me and if that world includes his family hating me for putting him in danger then so be it," I snap back and Ashley raises his thick black brow in amusement.

"Mmm...down boy, there's no need to get all defensive," A small chuckle emits from the once sleeping man and Kaeden quickly rushes to Finley's side as he opens his eyes for the first time since they were on the roof. 

"Fin! Oh thank God! How are you feeling?" I ask and he groans slightly.

"Shhh, keep your voice down baby, my head hurts...actually my everything hurts," he groans and feeling guilty, I gently kiss his sweaty forehead. Relieved to have him back. Ashley and AJ appear at the opposite side of the hospital bed and once Fin cast his eyes upon them his softened appearance quickly morphs to seething anger. '

"Fuck, aren't you two a sore sight for good eyes, who invited you to this fiasco?" Finley groans again and AJ rolls his eyes. I had a very hard time believing they were actually brothers because they looked so different but I don't spend too much time dwelling on it. 

"Oh! Is that how we're going to be today? It's nice to see you too ya fucktard," AJ says, breaking from his smooth composure to portray a side that was identical to Finley's. I quickly retract the thought of them not being related.

"Well you're in a good mood," Ashley sighs and Fin closes his eyes.

"God papa, although I've been narrowly escaping it, I'm not dead yet so you don't have to show up every time something happens to me. Just wait until you get the funeral message next time," Fin whines and Ashley yanks at his son's earlobe.