32. The Other Side

*3rd Person POV* 

"Prime Minister Giani, Our agents in the M15 have located the transgender you were looking for," The official updates Damien Giani cracks his knuckles and sits in his dark office with a glass of whiskey in hand. 

"Can we imprison him for treason?" He asks as he swirls the alcoholic drink with a flick of his wrist.

"We can make anything happen Prime Minister," The official says with a blank face. Damien hums to himself for a moment before a sinister smile creeps its way across his face. He checks the latest news article on his tablet and takes a sip of the strong liquor. A picture splashed across the front page showed the girl he was looking for but when he traces her glance there was a man being beaten next to her.

"She wasn't the only one arrested. Who was the boy that was with her?" He asks, picking up his cigar and placing it in his mouth.

"His name is Finley Grayson, he's not transgender, but he is a prince,  2nd in line for the throne of the last ruling monarchy of Bridgeport. It appears the two are...err...joined in a union," He warns and Damien lets out a long puff of the cigar. 

"What's the worst that could happen if we arrest him?" Damien questions and the official enters the room and closes the door behind him.

"We could start a war with one of our greatest allies," He says, breaking into a sweat. But Damien Giani only takes another sip before slamming his drink down on his desk. 

"Arrest the Grayson for treason but keep it hushed," Giani says with a cold smile pressed to his lips as he leans back in his chair. 

"We can deal with the consequences later,"