27. RED

--kaeden pov-For awhile the sounds of screeching wheels on the pavement stops and we seem to be going at a fast but steady speed

--kaeden pov-
For awhile the sounds of screeching wheels on the pavement stops and we seem to be going at a fast but steady speed.

I finally open my eyes to the orange glow of the setting sun and the speed of cars falling behind us as we cruise on the highway.

There was still a tightness to his muscles as he continues to drive but he wasn't as intensely focused as before. He looks into the mirror and catches me looking at him.

With a small smile he takes one hand off the wheel and gently rubs my knee. I was sitting back in the spacious seat and my legs were wrapped around his.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier," He apologizes before looking back at the road.

"It's okay, I'm sorry for almost killing you a few times in less than five minutes," I also apologize and he laughs a little, giving me some relief. I wish he wasn't this stressed out over me. I wish he wasn't even involved because I love him so fucking much. But it was too late to shove him out of my life now.

"Wasn't your fault," He huffs.

"Do you even know what kind of car this is?" He asks, avoiding the whole deportation subject all together as if he read my mind.

"No, I've never really been a car type of guy," I admit a little embarrassed from the fact. He takes his hand off my knee and pats the dashboard.

"This baby is a Lamborghini Centenario. I think there were only forty of its kind made back in the day. Its owner must have taken really good care of it considering it is in remarkable condition. It's a shame I put a dent in the door and broke the window. My uncles use to love fixing up cars like this and I would join them sometimes. Do you hear that 12 cylinder engine? It's gorgeous...are you even listening to me?" He asks as I nod off to his soft voice.

"Mmm yeah, 12 cylinders I got it," I sigh into the side of his neck. He pulls off the highway and onto the darkening street. We weren't in the city anymore.

"You know, if we weren't running away from immigration, this would be really hot right now. Just having you in my lap with that deep soothing voice obsessing over the way engines purr," I whisper into his ear and watch the blush spread to his cheeks as he starts to slowly loosen up.

"Well it doesn't look like we were worth being chased," he coughs as he looks into the rearview mirror to see the empty road behind us.

"Where are we?" I ask out of curiosity, looking around as he parks in front of a small house in a spread out.

"Edgeware, just outside of London." He sighs and pushes a button to turn off the engine, it was just the two of us in the dark. He was still sitting up, his body stiff with fear.

I bring my hands up from his waist to his shoulders, then stretch them over his arms until my hands touch his. His knuckles were probably turning white from nervously gripping the steering wheel so hard. I place my hands over his and loosen his grip.

"Calm down sweetheart, it's okay now. Here, take some deep breathes." I say in a soft tone. He finally releases his grip and I pull him into my arms once more. He slowly calms himself down as I cover his cheek, neck, and exposed piece of his shoulder in soft kisses.

"I thought I was going to lose you forever," He whispers and I stop.

My heart hurts at times like this. When he accidentally shows me all the pain I've caused him. He shudders and wiggles out of my arms. He somehow manages to pull some acrobatic type shit and pulls his legs up, turning himself around so he could see my face.

"Did you literally jump off at catwalk holding me in one arm like Tarzan and Jane?" He asks and I burst out laughing.

"Listen it was a split second decision, I just wanted to protect yo-" He kisses me with a smile spread across his face.

"I fucking love that about you," He practically pants into my lips as he deepens the kiss. I tuck my hands under his sweater and feel his warm skin pressed against my palms.

"Mmm babe, why do you taste like blood?" He asks.

"Your driving split my lip," I growl as I nibble on his. He laughs before opening the butterfly door and getting out.

"Oh? I thought we were having a moment?" I ask, afraid that I touched him the wrong way or something. He leans over the top of the car and looks down at my confusion with a sexy smirk on his face.

"We are, but there's not enough space in this car for the things I want you to do to me," he nearly hums and I hop out, closing the door behind me.

"Well where are we going then?" I ask, looking around, but he was already walking up the front steps of a small house connected to another house.

He pulls the keys out of his pockets and walks up to the front door. I quickly join him and he opens the door into an empty hallway. I close it behind us and look around.

"Fin, what is this?" I gawk at the empty spaces and he locks the door before holding my hand and guiding me up the stairs.

"Don't you remember our conversation?" He shrugs as he reaches the top step and looks at my shock.

It wasn't big by any means but if it was just the two of us, it didn't have to be.

"I do...but I didn't think you were serious. This is perfect," A smile makes its way across my face after a long tiring day of running. He grabs my shirt and pulls me closer to him.

"I'm glad you like it," He says as he kisses me again with his arms wrapped around my waist this time.

"You know it's actually one of my deepest desires to sleep with a fugitive on the run," he says and we both break down into fits of laughter while kissing each other.

"I'm glad I could be almost deported in order to fulfill your sexual fantasies babe. It really shows that I'll really go to any extreme lengths just to please you," I laugh and he joins me in laughter while kissing me harder.

"Only you Kaeden,"