13. Emergency

-Finley pov-

999 how can we assist you?

Hi, I-I think my friend needs help!

You think?

He called me and then his phone went out. I think something happened to him. I'm at his apartment now.

I have your location. Emergency drones should be there in under five minutes.

Thank you.

"Kaeden!"

 I call his name as I bang on his apartment door but no one answers. Doesn't he have like ten roommates? Where are they? How could they leave him alone?

"Kaeden! It's me! Finley! Open up!" I scream. People in the unit over open their door and stare at me but I don't give a shit.

 "Finley? What are you doing?" I quickly turn to find Noell standing behind me looking confused.

 "Noell, It's Kaeden, I can't explain just open the door," I instruct and he does so as fast as he can. 

"Kaeden!" 

We both call his name into the dark apartment. The sound of running water fills the air and we both run over to the bathroom. I turn the handle but the door was locked. Water from inside spills into the kitchen, running over our feet.

 My heart was pounding as I take a step back in sync with every breath I take. Without thinking twice, I crash through the old wooden bathroom door. I slip once inside but catch myself on the wall before turning in the ankle deep water to finally see Kaeden. 

Noell's screams quickly add to the horrific scene set before us as the water from the running shower stall spills over to the rest of the bathroom. The flickering yellow light reflecting off the pool of water mingled with hints of crimson color. 

Kaeden lays passed out on the floor of the shower stall.

 "Noell, get me a blanket or towel," I tell him as calmly as I can.

 I hear a small splash in the water telling me he's left to get it, but not for a second do I take my eyes off the eerily still body laying under the cold running water.

 I slowly turn off the shower and get down on my knees, picking up his small body, dressed in only a drenched t-shirt and boxers. 

Kaeden moves just a little, opening his eyes and staring at me for a few moments before taking his last breath and leaving me once more. 

"No, no, no Kaeden. Stay with me," I argue with him before placing him down on the carpeted living room floor.

 "What should I do?" Noell whimpers as he hands put the blanket down beside me. I quickly shush him before feeling Kaeden's neck for a pulse.

 Nothing. 

I rest the back of my hand under his nose, hoping to catch evidence of a single breath. 

Nothing.

 I immediately start CPR. 

"Noell, unclip his binder, it's restricting his breathing," I instruct as I continue pressing my hands against his chest in rhythmic movements. 

"Okay," Noell quietly lifts up Kaeden's shirt from the side. 

"Kaeden?" 

His voice shakes as he leans over our lost friend. 

"Come on Kaeden, breathe. Please come back...come back to us,"