Gonna take a walk outside today

POV: Lucy

Morning

The sun woke me up. It was blaring through the window, that was apparently left unclothed by my curtain. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, Happy falling off my chest while doing so. He stood and jumped off the bed.

I heard a noise outside my door and got nervous. 'Oh yeah, Natsu slept over...' I sighed in relief and stood up.
Since today was Saturday and I had nothing to do, I dressed into some dark blue leggings and a pink tank top. Happy was scratching at my legs and pleading for food.

"Calm down Happy, just give me a moment." I said, going over to my night dresser and picking up my phone. With Happy constantly tripping me, I finally made it out of the room.

Natsu was no longer on the couch like I left him, though the pill bottle was now on its side and all the water was gone. 'I guess it was a good idea to leave those pills'
I walked around until I found him in the kitchen. He was looking through my fridge.

"Uh, are you hungry?" I ask him. He got scared and jumped, closing the fridge behind him. "O-oh, you're up! Uh, good morning!" He said nervously, I believe because he was caught snooping through my fridge.
"Good morning, would you like me to make you some breakfast?" I ask, walking over next to him and lightly moving him to the side so I could open the fridge.

"Yes please." He chuckles, stepping more to the side so I had some room.
"What would you like? There's bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes-" I got interrupted
"PANCAKES!" He shouted excitedly, throwing his fist in the air. He pulled it back "u-uh, I mean...pancakes please." He rubbed is arm.

"Pancakes it is." I laugh, grabbing the ingredients for pancakes.

TIME SKIP

I made a decent amount of pancakes for the both of us, and sat down at the table. We each applied our own syrup and began to eat. Happy had already dug into his plate of food, and was licking the remnants off his face.

"So, uh, thanks for leaving the pain relievers out for me... As soon as I woke up the hang over beat me over the head!" Natsu chuckled, his mouth full of pancake.
I shrugged and swallowed the bit in my mouth. "I figured that the hang over would be harsh, especially since you were drunk after a half hour of drinking" I laughed and took another bite. It felt nice to have someone here with me again. Usually, the only voices I here in her are my own, occasionally Levi's, and then the voice I make for Happy. It's been a while since I got to talk with someone around here in the morning.

"So, what are you going to spend your Saturday doing?" I ask. He shrugs.
"Dunno, probably sit down on my bed and watch some tv."
I looked at him in concern "you do realize that it's a bright sunny day out right? You're just gonna spend time indoors all day??"
He shrugged again "well, it's not like I have plans to go somewhere. And I'd rather stay home alone then go out alone, that's for sure."

We finish eating breakfast and clean up the dishes. "Well, since you don't have any plans for today, would you like to accompany Happy and me on our daily walk?" I asked casually. 'It's not like having him tag along would be bad, plus, I feel bad that he has to be home alone today..'
He grins and nods his head in response "sure!"

I put on some walking around clothes and put Happy's leash on. "Wait, you actually walk your cat? Like a dog?!" Natsu laughs and goes down to pet Happy.
"Nope, I walk him like he's a cat. You can train anything to walk with a lead, not just dogs. can even train you to walk with one." I chuckle and grab my phone off the counter. With everything we needed, we left the house and walk along the sidewalks.

Happy was in the lead, his tail straight up in the air as we walked down the street. "So, how long have you lived here?" Natsu started, his hands in his pockets. "I didn't see anyone at your house, so are your parents on a business trip or something?"

   I shake my head "I've lived here since I was pretty young...my father and I moved here after my mother died when I was about 7. And my father died last year."

   He gave a look of concern. I could tell he regretted asking. "I-I'm sorry...." He said softly.
"It's fine. It's not like you knew or anything, you weren't here when it happened." I shrugged. There was a long moment of awkward silence as we walked.