Meeting in the Hall

☙☄☙

                                                                                      ☙☄☙

Third Person POV

A giant, golden dragon statue with a sword piercing through it hangs over the great hall. Stoick and the other Vikings gathered around. "Either we finish them or they'll finish us! It's the only way we'll get rid of them! If we find the nest and destroy it, the dragons will leave. They'll find another home. One more search before the ice sets in", Stoick says.

"Those ships never come back", someone said.

"We're Vikings! It's an occupational hazard. Now, who's with me", Stoick said. Other Vikings whispered in uncertainty.

"Alright, those who stay will look after Hiccup and Ingrid", then everyone raised their hands, "Yeah, that's more like it". All the villagers left the Great Hall, leaving Gobber and Stoick.

"Alright, I'll pack my undies", Gobber said.

"No, Gobber. I need you to stay and to train some new recruits", Stoick said walking to him.

"Ah well perfect. While I'm busy, Hiccup and Ingrid can cover the stall, molten steel, razor-sharp blades, lots of time to themselves, what could possibly go wrong", Gobber said with sarcasm.

"What am I gonna do with them, Gobber", Stoick sighed.

"Put them in training with the others", Gobber said.

"I'm being serious", Stoick said.

"So am I".

"They'll be killed before you let the first dragon out of its cage", Stoick remarked.

"You don't know that", Goober brushed off.

"I do know that", Stoick argued.

"No, you don't".

"No actually, I do know".

"No, you don't!"

"Listen, you know what they're like. By the time they could crawl, they've been...different. Doesn't listen, Hiccup has the attention span of a sparrow, I take Hiccup fishing, and Hiccup goes hunting for trolls", Stoick said.

"Trolls exist! They steal your socks, but only the left ones. What's with that", Gobber mumbled.

"When I was a boy...", Stoick began.

"Oh, here we go", Gobber groaned.

"My father told me to bang my head against a rock and I did it. I thought it was crazy, but I didn't question it. And, you know what happened", Stoick asked.

"You got a headache", Gobber said sarcastically.

"That rock split in two. It taught me what a Viking could do, Gobber. He can crush mountains, level forest, tame seas! Even as a boy, I knew who I was, what I had to become. Hiccup and Ingrid are not those kids", Stoick said.

"You can't stop them, Stoick. You can only prepare them", this caught Stoick's attention. "I know it seems hopeless, but the truth is you won't always be around to protect them. They're going to get out there again. They're probably out there now", Gobber said. Stoick frowned his eyebrows.