Dad And Twins' Little Deal

☙☄☙

                                                                               ☙☄☙

     Ingrid's POV

We walked into our house and dad was there stocking up the fire. We quietly ran up the stairs to our room.

"Hiccup. Ingrid", dad called.

"Dad, uh, we need to talk to you, dad", Hiccup said.

"I need to speak to you too, kids", dad said clapping his hands.

"We've decided that we don't want to fight dragons/ I've decided it's time for you two learn to fight dragons. What", we all said at the same time.

"Uh, you first", dad insisted.

"No, dad. You go first", I said.

"Alright. You get your wish. Dragon training, you start in the morning", dad said.

"Aw man, we've should've gone first. 'Cause we're thinking, yeah know. We have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings. But, do we have enough bread-making Vikings or small home repair Vikings", Hiccup said.

"You'll need these", dad said dropping two axes into our arms.

"We don't wanna fight dragons, dad", I said trying to hold the heavy ax.

"Come on. yes, you do", dad said.

"Rephrase. Dad, we can't kill dragons", Hiccup said.

"But, you will kill dragons", dad said optimistically.

"No, we're really very extra sure we won't", Hiccup said.

"It's time, kids", dad said walking to us.

"Can you hear him", I yelled.

"This is serious kids. When you carry these axes, you carry all of us with you which means you walk like us, you talk like us, you think like us. No more of this", dad gesturing to us.

"You just gestured to all of us", Hiccup sighed.

"Deal", dad said.

"This conversation is feeling very one-sided", I said.

"Deal", dad said more sternly.

My brother and I both sighed, "Deal".

"Good", dad said picking up his pack,

"Train hard. I'll be back. Probably". Dad put on his helmet and walked out the door.

"And we'll be here. Maybe", Hiccup said. Then, dad left.

"Great, now what", I said.

"What do you mean", Hiccup said.

"We tried to tell dad that our attempts to kill dragons days our over, and then he signs us up for dragon killing training. So, our plan backfired. What do we do", I said.

"I guess, for now, don't tell anybody about us setting free a Night Fury, and just do dragon training", Hiccup said. walking up the stairs. "That's it", I said following him.

"You want to tell to somebody about the Night Fury", Hiccup said raising his eyebrow.

"No, that's not what saying. I'm saying are we gonna look for it", I asked. Hiccup sat on his bed and set the ax against the wall.

"I guess. I want to know why it didn't kill us", he said.

"Yeah, I wonder that to", I said.

"Well, I'm gonna get some sleep. Night", Hiccup said now laying on his bed.

"Night", I said sitting on my bed. I set the ax on the floor and laid on my bed. My eyes started to droop.

"Hey, Ingrid", I heard Hiccup mutter.

"Yeah", I said tiredly.

"What thinks gonna happen tomorrow", Hiccup asked.

"I don't know. We'll find out", I said before I fell asleep.