|| Chapter 12 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

It was now Monday, the morning after the so-called welcoming party which in the end was more of a drinking party than anything. You were just waking up into your strangely warm bed and could already feel your head hurting.

"I knew I shouldn't have drank... I can't remember a thing..." You mumbled to yourself and decided you should finally open your eyes, only for them to flutter even wider. Your face quickly heated up and got very red while you were incapable of saying anything in the brief moment of shock: "Okay don't panic. Aaron is just peacefully sleeping in my bed. Next to me. Shirtless! Nothing weird about that!"

"Wait-... I didn't do anything stupid while I was drunk, did I?! No-no-no... please no..." You turned around quickly, your back now facing Aaron's as you silently freaked out. You soon noticed that the knight beside you started shifting around a little and even heard muffled noises coming from him. "Did he wake up?!"

You froze in your position, feeling Aaron's gaze fixated on you. He didn't see your face from how you lied, so he could have thought that you were still sleeping. But he wasn't an easy one to fool to begin with: "Y/N, are you awake?"

You tensed up a little at the dark haired male's voice: It was quite hoarse in the morning. Aaron let a small sigh escape his lips before smiling. "I can sort of tell because the tips of your ears are bright red."

You rolled around and faced the shirtless young man without uttering a word and nodded embarrassedly. It was silent for quite a while after that, since the situation was a little if not completely awkward. The male knight then decided to speak up first, asking the obvious question: "Do you remember what happened yesterday?"

"N-No not really." You replied truthfully and sat up, nervously staring down at your lap. "W-We didn't do anything weird, right?" After you had stuttered that, Aaron sat up as well, but at the edge of the bed.

The male rubbed the back of his neck while smiling sheepishly before he shook his head. "We didn't. I think?" You got flustered over the knight's answer and buried your face in your palms. Aaron ended up chuckling at your reaction and ruffled your hair. "We should probably start getting ready, we need to head to the castle."

"You're right." You said and cleared your throat, the color of your face turning back to its normal one. You slipped out of the covers and saw that you were still wearing the shirt and pants you always wear when you work. Aaron had his usual trousers as well, the only thing missing was his shirt. Maybe he just felt hot or uncomfortable and took it off? You forced yourself to think that either one of those were the cases.

"Sorry for intruding by the way. I sort of just put my clothes on your chair." The knight said and both of you got up completely. He even started making your bed. You shook your head and went to grab his clothes for him. "N-No, I'm the one who should apologize. I caused you trouble-..."

Before you were able to finish your sentence, you heard loud knocks coming from your front door. You instinctively panicked since you had a man at your house who had just slept over and the person outside could be your mother for all you knew. The sudden wave of stress caused you to feel your headache for a moment and you stumbled.

"I'll be right there!" You said, took a hold of Aaron's shirt you were reaching for a moment ago and hurried out of your room, taking the cloth with you. You didn't hear the knight call out a faint 'wait' since you had rushed off without thinking and the male didn't have anything to dress himself with.

You reached the door and opened it with one fast swing, only to be greeted by another surprise. "M-Myron? What are you doing here?" You asked genuinely confused, staring at the taller with wide eyes. Staring a little too much maybe, since Myron soon hid his slightly red face with his white bangs. You had noticed him doing that quite a lot actually and started to think that it was some sort of habit.