|| Chapter 23 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

Catherine then let her crystal blue orbs travel to Doni who tried so hard not to be spoken to by her, nor to look at her. His efforts were for nothing though: "Doni, how come you're all the way down there? Aren't we best buddies?" Even though the female sounded genuine, something seemed off. And you soon found out what exactly seemed off. "How have you been? What about your love life?"

"Still pretending to be straight even though you're actually gay? How pitiful and gross." The red haired girl snickered, still grinning so maliciously. Alright. So what on earth was that comment for? Doni had told you that he was bisexual, so what Catherine said wasn't true. That wasn't even the point! She was starting to cross the line and you would have salis something if it weren't for Camilla speaking up faster. "The hell's your problem?!"

"My problem? Nothing, I just find gays disgusting, that's all." Catherine retorted innocently, pushing your buttons. There was a glass of water next to your still empty plate, so you took it and tried to calm down by drinking a bit of it.

"Well, I don't recall anyone asking for your opinion." Fotula was the one who talked now. Her eyes were just as cold as the tone she spoke in. Not everyone was aware of it, but almost half of the people sitting at this table were homosexuals. Catherine rolled her eyes at the ravenette's comment before looking around, in search for her next prey.

Her eyes landed on the brunet next to you. That's the moment her lips curled into a smirk. "You... I think I've seen you somewhere before. That dark skin of yours is oddly familiar." Catherine said, using her index finger in order to play with her red curls. Her crystal blue orbs then locked with Kai's golden ones. "Now I remember.~ The trafficking incident eight years ago, you're the manwhore from back then!~"

That was it. There was a limit to your patience and you completely lost control over your actions for the following few moments. The next thing you knew was that you were standing, holding your now empty glass of which water you had spilled over Catherine. The red haired female looked at you disgustedly while everyone else was shook by your actions. "That's enough."

"I didn't say anything when you made fun of Doni because I know there's homophobic people like you in this world, but you really crossed the line with Kai." You said, glaring at the red-head who touched her wet clothes with her fingers, pretending to be bothered by the huge stain the water had left on her dress. You placed the glass you held down on the table, and you couldn't believe what Aaron said next: "Y/N, was there really a need to spill that over her? I mean no harm, but that was a little rude-..."

"That was rude?! This bit- woman insults your best friend and calls your comrade a manwhore and you tell me I'm being rude?!" You raised your tone when you attacked the knight next to you verbally. You tried holding back and not calling Catherine all sorts of names in front of everyone. The situation was starting to get really out of hand. "She meant no harm-..."

"Now my clothes are all wet.~" Catherine whined, causing you to laugh at how pathetic she was behaving and how desperately Aaron was trying to defend her. You snapped the moment the dark haired male took her side. "You know what? You're right, I was in the wrong. So why don't you go help your beloved childhood friend out of her wet clothes? Why not sleep with her too while you're at it." After having said that whilst wearing a pained expression on your face, you stomped away from that table and out of the dining hall. You were angry at yourself for having vented out your frustrations like that, especially leaving like this. What a predictable and cliché thing to do.

"Y/N, wait!" Aaron called out, getting up in order to follow you, but he was stopped by none other than Kai who didn't look too pleased. He clearly told him to stay where he was: "I doubt the newbie wants to see you right now." The dark skinned male stood up and left instead, leaving everyone dumbfounded and Catherine with a feeling of satisfaction. Camilla was worried about you of course, but seeing how Kai went after you made her feel like you were in good hands.