reflections || dylan

sorry guys i feel like my stories are getting worse and worse and i'm running out of ideas soooooooo please please PLEASE give me some ideas in the comments:)

[your pov]

i pulled up to the diner. the most popular place in town.

i grab my keys out of the ignition and hop out. i walk up to the door of the diner, but hesitate as i see outdoor seating open.

i rush over to get a good table, plop my stuff down and swivel on my heels back toward the door.

during my spin, i catch my reflection stare back at me in the tall wall of windows. i realize how i should probably fix my hair, tied up in its usual high pony tail. wasn't bad but, needed some work.

i look at myself staring back at me and reach up to fix my hair.

--

[dylans pov]

i finish my sandwich and fries and gather all my trash on my tray. i slide out of the booth to get up.

i stop short as i see a girl staring back at me, through the window. i jolt to a stop and stare back at her, my jaw slightly goes down. she was beautiful. her hair was pushed back into a pony tail, and her skin was fair and flawless. she stared at me with wonder in her eyes. i blushed slightly in fear and insecurity, why was she staring at me? i tried covering it up in a smile, give a small wave.

she didn't seem to notice. i started to panic...

her hands reached up to her hair, slowly undoing the pony tail. she then wrapped the hair tie around her wrist and began to put her hair back up.

i sighed in relief. she wasn't looking at me.

as i let my sigh out, my blushed cheeks fading, her expression changed.

she seemed to look deeper in the window. i think now she's actually staring at me. she stops mid way of doing her hair and looks at me. her face bursts in a smile and starts to laugh.

i let out a nervous laugh, try to smile truthfully as im actually trying to get rid of the little heart attack i just had.

she mouths sorry while quickly finishing up her hair and puts a hand over her mouth bashfully. she starts toward the door, i do too.

i skid to a stop as i realize i still have my tray of trash in my hands. i swivel on my heels and dump the trash in the hole in the counter and put my tray on the stack.

i then turned to again skid to a stop as i saw the girl in front of me. she jumped and apologized, again, and giggled... again.

her cute laugh made my blush, but i covered it up by laughing too.

"sorry... i-" she was definitely flustered, she closed her eyes, smiled more, and started again, "i was just fixing my hair, i didn't mean to stare or freak you out." she rambled on, cutting her self off and for a second she stared nervously at me, but immediately smiled back.

i returned it, "it was no problem, just scared me." i laughed for about the fifth time, thankfully so did she.

"i'm y/n." her hand stuck out and i shook it.

"dylan."