night out || dylan

rewritten.

"sorry about tonight," dylan sighed as he passed you your medium coke, "this was not what i planned."

you laughed, taking your first sip.

tonight was eventful to say the least. your boyfriend had texted you around 9 o'clock, desperate to do something special. you figured you'd go along, not having any plans the next day, and he picked you up. he insisted on going to this high end restaurant that was new down the street, and even through you insisting it was too expensive, he dragged you in.

inside was waiting a wait of an hour and a half and an extremely impatient teenage boy at the desk. you tried to flirt your way to a seat, ignoring the looks from dylan. you fluffed your hair and sweetly talked to the boy at the desk.

well, seeing that now, at approximately 12:09AM, you were both sitting in his car eating take out... that didnt really work out as planned.

"are you kidding me? this is great!!" you mutter, practically stuffing your face with french fries.

"no, really though. i wanted tonight to be special." dylan sighed again.

"whats so different about tonight?" you asked the question you had been wondering all evening, opening your second package of sweet-and-sour sauce.

"does there have to be something different for me to plan a special night for you?" dylan smiled at you while he spoke, taking his first bite out of his burger.

you only smiled more.

"what did i do to deserve you?"

"rear-ended me at an exit on the highway." dylan said matter-of-factly, and you laughed at the memory. the memory of when you first met.

you shrugged your shoulders, "whoops." and sent him a wink.

you laughed again and fluffed his brown hair.

this was special enough.