injured || thomas

•••

/you\

"be careful, okay?" my best friend said to me before i left the safety of the glade.

he's been telling me that everyday since i was a runner, which was at least a month by now.

i remembered asking him in the first week after i started;

"tom, are you really going to tell me that every day?"
i asked him.

"yes, i am." he says confidently, "because you never know what could happen." i laughed.

that day seemed like yesterday. now i'm fully trained and one of the best at knowing my surrounding out in the maze. and still to this day, he asks me to be safe.

i nod at him and smile, minho meets up with us.

"ready?" he says, smiles at thomas.

"yep." i nod and smile back. wave to tom.

"bye." i say.

"bye." and with that we head into the maze.

---

we run for hours, mapping and remembering where to go.

we stop for a short lunch break.

"tommy cares a lot about you doesn't he?"minho says, laughing at the thought.

"yea, i guess so." i say, shrugging.

"it's cute."minho smiles at me. i blush.

we get back up and start running.
i run next to minho through the seeming to be endless walls, but we soon stop when a dead end greets us.

"what the-" minho speaks, but is soon cut off by a loud screech.

we give each other a look, but his soon turns into shock and then contorts into horror. i go to ask him what's wrong until something stabs me in the side and i fall over. pain searing through my whole body.

loud screams above me drain out as shock overwhelms me and blackness surrounds me.

---

/thomas\

the suns getting low. they should be back any minute.

i pace by the big opened walls, i always wait for them to come back. and i always pace, but not out of nerves, just waiting.

soon the sun gets lower and i begin to worry. i stop pacing and sit down against one of the walls, hoping they come in soon.

the maze has always scared me. the towering walls and ivy hanging from them. always seemed like a death trap. then it became one. people soon began to get hurt in the maze. some never coming back, or getting killed or injured. each never knowing what happened or why.

then she came. it was my first week of a new greenie, and it was her. i remember seeing her in the box, shaking with fear. even frightened, she was the prettiest i've seen.

the sun was getting too low, dangerously low. newt jogged up next to me.

"bro what's going on? where are they?" he said exhausted, wiping sweat off of his forehead. i shrugged, sat roughly against the wall, worried for the worst.

/newt\

i was worried for the pair.

where were they? what was happening.

i kept my thought to myself as i expected the worst. how the maze has become dangerous. how countless people have been getting hurt. what if they are, or her.