mini series !!! PART 5

chapter four
stiles

"alright, hate to say it..." my dad met us out at the police parking lot, "but this is your department now." he looked at scott and i. i brushed my face with my hand, noticing how bad i was trembling.

my dad noticed too.

"come here son." i was engulfed in his arms, and the tears streamed down my face. his hand cups the back of my head and i sobbed. i could feel everyone watching, not knowing what to do.

"it's okay son. we'll find her."

••

an hour later, we had her necklace traced for finger prints and the area of the clinic searched.

my dad busts into the main office of the police department, stuffed files in his hands.

"alright, the necklace wasn't much help, but the clinic however..." i jump up at this, grabbed the file out of his hands, knowing exactly how to read them already.

pictures of broken branches, footprints, and other leading signs of trespassing. before i can get to the last picture my dad grabs the files out of my hands.

"this file is all my department buddy." his voice is stern, and he held onto the file a little too tightly, his knuckles slightly white.

"hey, let me see the others!!" i demand, he shakes his head.

"this one's yours." i feel scott's presences next to me. i open this one instead.

closer pictures of the foot prints and claw marks on trees nearby not too far from those still left on my computer chair from scott fill this file.

"now the footprints definitely tell us this person was barefoot," my dad starts.

"so fully transformed." scott says.

"yeah, and the marks on the trees..."

"all too familiar to me." scott takes a deep breath.

"alright let's go i wanna see this place." i close the file in my hands and head for the door.

scott

mr stilinski gave me a look, keeping me close to him and stiles walked away. it was a bad look.

"what was that other file?" i say it quietly as if stiles was still in the room.

he looks at me hesitantly, almost like he was wondering if he should even show me. i tilt my head at him.

his thumb reaches in and slides the photo out. and even my heart dropped.

blood droplets on dark green leaves. some splattered on tree bark. strands of hair and finger nails picked up from the ground. all signs pointing at how my best friends lover is in deep trouble.

i grab my keys out my pocket.

"let's go."