Chapter 9

"Tori?"

"Tori, can you hear me?"

"Would you please stop ignoring me?" Elena whispers.

I keep my fixated on my cell phone in front of me. I've been texting Louis all period while Elena has tried to get my attention. I thought if I had my headphones in and blared All Time Low, I would be able to block her out. Wrong! I can still hear her voice.

"I said I was sorry." She taps my arm.

Does she not see that I don't want to hear it? She should have never said that to me. Elena is supposed to be my best friend, but she calls me a lost cause. I would never say that to her. I wouldn't even think about it. I've managed to avoid her for the past three days. Elena doesn't give up that easily.

"Tori? Please! I feel terrible!" She whines.

"Elena, shut up!" Connor snaps, lifting his head up from the table.

I thought he was sleeping through this class like always. I guess he can't sleep through Elena talking this entire time. Not that I blame him. It is really starting to get on my nerves.

"I'm not going to shut up until she forgives me." Elena replies.

"Tori obviously doesn't want to forgive you. She has been ignoring you for the past three days. If I was in her position, I would be getting even madder by you trying to get my attention." Connor says.

I nod my head slightly, agreeing with him.

"I've apologized to her a million times." Elena whispers back to him.

"Have you tried leaving her alone and letting her come to you when she feels like it?" Connor grabs his phone from his pocket. "If you keep annoying her, she will never talk to you."

Elena huffs. "I'm just trying to get my best friend back."

"Best friend? Are you serious?" I snap, pausing my music.

Elena flinches away, surprised by sudden outburst. Connor groans. He must know that I'm about to get really mad. I just can't help it. Does she really consider herself my best friend still?

"Best friends don't call each other lost causes!" I sit up to face her. "Best friends don't say that their other best friend will never get better. Best fri-"

"Okay! I get it!" Elena cuts me off.

"You didn't have to cut me off. I was just getting started." I glare at her.

"What do I have to do to make you forgive me?" Elena asks me. "I'll do anything!"

I ignore her and shove everything back in my shoulder bag. The bell should be ringing in less than a minute. I press play on my phone and my music starts playing again. I stand up just as the bell rings.

"All I want from you right now is to be left alone." I squeeze through the crowd to get out of the classroom.

I've just had a rough few days. I haven't heard from any of the guys except for Louis, which is a good thing. I don't think I would be able to stop myself from telling Liam that I still love him. Louis won't let it go. He keeps saying that I should tell him, but I still don't trust him fully. Just because I know the real reason why he broke up with me won't make me forgive him just like that.

I find my car in the parking lot easily. I had been able to park in the front. I unlock my car and climb in. I have to work at the bakery today. I don't mind, though. When I'm working, it keeps my mind busy. I don't think about everything that has happened.

The bakery is fairly empty when I get there. Only two people are in the shop. I walk to the back room. I place my bag in my locker and grab my apron. I tie the strings around my back.

Time to work for six hours.

The first four hours were fairly busy. I was constantly doing something which I was thankful for. I like being busy. Elena works tomorrow instead of today. I won't have to see her until I get back to the apartment. I get off at nine. If I'm lucky, she will already be in her room for the night. I highly doubt it, though.

Olivia got off work an hour ago. Now it's just me and one baker left. They stay in the kitchen most of the time. I'm always out in the front, making sure the customers are happy. We are both closing tonight.

I hear the bells above the door chime as another customer enters the bakery. I continue wiping down the counter as the customer walks up to the other side. I stop wiping the counter.

"Welcome to The Sweet Shop. What can I get you?" I look up. "Oh." I say once I realize who it is.

"Hey, Tori." Joey rocks on his heels with his hands in his pockets.

"What are you doing here?" I sigh.

"I wanted to apologize." Joey whispers. "I really like you and I ruined the chance of us actually being together."

"Yeah, you did." I agree with him.

"I'm so sorry." Joey apologizes, actually looking sincere.

"Who was she?" I ask him.

"Her name is Charlotte Montgomery. She's sixteen years old. We were dating for six months. She is a senior in high school, but she does online schooling." Joey answers.

"What was I to you?" I make a mistake and look into his eyes.

Joey stares back at me with a sad expression on his face. Why does he look so sad? He is the one that was cheating on another girl with me. If anything, I should be upset which I am. I really was starting to like Joey and then he turns into this man whore. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

"You were the girl that I instantly connected with." Joey reaches for my hand.

"You already had a girlfriend." I slide my hand out of his. I walk around the counter with the rag in my hand.

"I've missed you." Joey grabs my wrist gently. "I broke up with Charlotte. When I saw the pain in your eyes that night, I couldn't handle it. I broke up with Charlotte that night."

I face him. "Now I feel terrible. I broke up a couple, even though you cheated on her in the first place." I run my hand through my hair.

"Please!" Joey pleads. "Just give me one more chance. I really like you. Please, Tori?"

I stare at his face. His eyes are red and puffy. He looks so sincere. Maybe this is what I need to get over Liam. If I start dating Joey, I will forget about the feelings I have for Liam.

"Okay." I give in.

Joey scoops me up in a hug. "Thank you so much! You won't regret this. I promise."

"Just don't hurt me again." I hug him back.

Joey pulls back to gaze in my eyes. "I won't hurt you. I promise."

•••••••

Author's Note:

This is kind of short. I was going to update sooner, but then I started watching Transformers and I got distracted.

So, what do you think? Tori took Joey back. Do you think it is a good thing or a bad thing? Comment below!

Okay! Question time!

What are your top five favorite bands/singers?

Mine are:

Paradise Fears, One Direction, Olly Murs, Cher Lloyd, and The Fray.

That isn't in order. Those are just my top five. My number one favorite is Paradise Fears. The rest are all tied.

Anyways! Comment!