Chapter 14: Mommy Is Involved

"You need to find out what that secret is", X states. He was standing in front of you in his usual attire. The both of you were taking a walk in your garden with Ao tagging along beside you. He was playing with his favorite toy. Sometimes you threw it away and he would bring it back.

"Well, that's obvious. And I will get to it I promise", you said kneeling down to take the toy from Ao. X kneels down next to you and pets your dog.

"When your dog keeps bringing you the same toy, is it because it's your dog's favourite toy, or because your dog thinks it's your favourite toy?" he asks no one in particular. And honestly, it was a good question. It seems so obvious to answer but it still makes you hesitate. What if the dog really thinks it's your favourite toy?
"Either way, my sources are telling me you have a date tonight. Aren't you going to get ready?"

"Alright, Mr. Know-It-All. You can be really creepy sometimes, you know?" you said crodding your arms. X just chuckles in response.

~♤~

Thomas drove you to the adress Mori gave you. He has been asking questions about Mori the whole ride. "Has he been in prison before? Does he like Spongebob? I bet he-"

"Thomas, please shut up", you cut him off with a groan. The only person who knew about your relationship beside the Host Club was Thomas. It's not like it's a secret but you don't like sharing it just yet. You had no idea what reaction your mother or stepfather will have. So, you decided to wait a little bit.

"Only because I'm not getting any answers either way. Not because you told me to", he said and pulled up the driveway. Thomas was just about to open his mouth when he pulled up the driveway of Mori's house. There were several cars parked that you recognised from the night of the ball. All except for one, you didn't recognise this one at all.

Perhaps they bought a new one.

You shrugged it off and stepped out of the car. Before you walked towards the door, you waved at Thomas as he drove away. Then you heard a soft ping, alarming you that you got a text. The wind blew in your face as you read the text.

Mori: I'm sorry, I'll have to call it off. :( Something came up.

You didn't bother answering. With a sigh you were about to dial Thomas' number when you heard the front door open with a slam. You quickly hid behind one of the cars.

"Don't deny it, Mori!" you heard Kyoya's voice yelling. You tried to look at him from your hiding spot.
Mori was walking towards one of the cars with his fists clenched. Kyoya stood in the door opening with a bruise on his cheek. "Sooner or later, she will find out."

"She won't. I'll make sure of that", Mori said without facing Kyoya. You could make the outlines of Mori's body. He was dressed in a tuxedo. So he wasn't expecting Kyoya since he is dressed up for your date.

"Sure, you will", Kyoya said with sarcasm. He slowly walked towards his friend. Mori finally turned. "As much as I'd hate to say, (Y/N) isn't stupid. And what do you think her reaction will be to your little secret? Or do you think she'll be safe from your family?"
Mori mumbled something that you couldn't hear.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?"

"I said", Mori said clenching his jaw. "Go. Home." Kyoya was surprised. He even took a step back and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Very well, but you know I'm right, Takashi", Kyoya warned and walked towards his limo. Mori watched Kyoya's every move. Kyoya stepped in his limo after glancing at Mori. The limo took off and before you knew it, the front door slammed shut, too. After a minute or two, you got out of your hiding place.

"Well wasn't that heartbreaking," X asked making you startle. "Poor Takashi is trying to protect little (Y/N). But for what is the real question."

"Don't you dare to ever scare me like that again", you said and dialed Thomas. You were getting tired of all this drama.