Chapter 22: Father

It was a lot to process. You still had no idea what was going on. X seemed to work for your brother, for some reason. Mori and Honey-senpai were captured also by your brother. The craziest thing of all: your father was sitting casualy in front of you on the love seat.

"You probably have a lot of questions," he said breaking the silence. His (H/C) hair was slicked back. A few grey strands were visible. He stood up and dusted off his tuxedo. You carefully watched him. "I'll try my best to answer them."

"Why did you only keep in touch with Yaboku? Why did you leave in the first place?" you asked a little bit hurt. Your brother didn't answer any of your question on your ride here. Nor did X. He didn't dare to look in your eyes.

"I left because I brought you and Yaboku in danger. Your mother agreed to lie to you. It was convenient for her," he said walking towards the big windows with a view on the city. It reminded me of those in the movies. "As for the contact, Yaboku found me. How is not very important. Either way, we both agreed to not telling you. It was still too dangerous for you. Yaboku, on the other hand, helped us getting closer."

"Closer to what?"

"The treasure of course," your father turned towards you and smiled reassuringly. "Yaboku sent X after you to get information from Mori since he was your age. Very clever, may I add. At the end, we would get the treasure and the both of you will be safe with me."

"What will happen to Mori and Honey?" you asked concerned. You were baffled by all the information you're getting but you need to know more.

"They will be held here until we find it. Then after all this, we will see," he said but the both you knew what will happen. The unspoken words hung in the air.
"Now, you should go and get ready."

"For what?" you asked while two men walked towards you.

"For the Shimada family reunion, of course! The poor souls must've thought I was dead. And you will be the guest of honor, (Y/N) Shimada," he said and clapped in his hands. One of the men grasped my arm. You glared at him.

"Excuse you, I'm a strong and independent woman. No man needs to help me walk. Tsk," you said and walked towards the doors. You could hear your father chuckle.

I don't know if I should run for my life or be okay with this.