Chapter 16: Looking After You

"That bastard", you mumbled underneath your breathe. X or more like, Kousuke has been ignoring you when you try to get his attention. You were literally staring at him for a while and you knew he knew. Because he has a smug grin on his face plastered. Scoffing you took a bite from your cookie. Mori who was sitting next to you placed his hand on your knee. You faced him and he was looking at you with a frown. You waved his questioning look away.

"(Y/N), do you know him?" Haruhi asks curiously. "You've been staring at him for a while now." You feel heath rise to your cheeks. Mori stiffened next to you. Another sting of guilt hit you.

"He seems familiar. That's all", you shrug it off like it's no big deal and Haruhi doesn't push further. Just as you could release a sigh out of relief, a hand was placed on your shoulder.

"(L/N) (Y/N)?" you turn towards Kousuke. He had a fake smile on his face. You nod and play along by hugging him tightly. As if you were long lost friends. "It's been years!" he winks.

More like hours. We saw each other at breakfast.

"We really need to catch up some time", he said with a nudge. "But I'll let you enjoy lunch with your friends." He nods towards the rest of them. Mori placed his hand on top of mine, in a protective way. X noticed because you caught him grinning before turning around and walking away.

"Seems like you were right," Haruhi says with a chuckle. Then, goes back to eating her food.

"He was very touchy", Kyoya remarked. "A hug, a nudge and even winking. If I didn't know better than I would've thought he was flirting with you, (Y/N)."

"Then it's a good thing you do know better, Ootori", you said in a flat tone. The twins chuckled softly. Kyoya glanced Mori's way but didn't say a word after that.

~♤~

"How'd you find my acting, (Y/N)?" X asked startling you. He was leaning against the window in the hallway with his arms crossed. You were on your way to your next classed when he stopped you.

"Honestly? Horrible. You're not very subtle, Kousuke-san", you said crossing your arms. X chuckled and took a step closer towards you. "Now why are you here?"

"Somebody was in your room that night you were supposed to go out with your loverboy," he said without beating around the bush. Your eyes widened in surprise.

"You mean, besides you?" X rolled his eyes at your question as if the answer so obvious. "How do you know? And do you know who?"

"Things from your room were moved. Probably searching something."

"Maybe it was the maids. They-"

"Your laundry was not done and there were crumbles of chips on your carpet so they haven't cleaned it," he cuts you off. "And as for who... I don't know yet. I'm afraid someone knows you're working for me. And they're not very happy with it."

"What has this all to do with you going to my-", you stopped mid-sentence and grinned. X's eyes widened. He was about to open his mouth when you said:"Aw, you care about me." He shakes his head.

"That's not true. You're the only resource I have. We're so close to know Morinozuka's secret. I can't let some stupid assassin or whatever stop me", he defended himself.

Ouch. And here I thought we became friends. Well, once an annoying bastard, always an annoying bastard.

"Whatever your reasons are", you paused with a smile before continuing. "Thanks for looking after me."

He may be an annoying bastard but that doesn't mean I need to ungrateful.

~~♤~~

Since one of you asked~ I'll show you how I picture X. I remember scrolling through(... I don't know what anymore I think tumblr) when I found inspiration for X.

This is how I picture him anyway

This is how I picture him anyway. I've always been bad in describing people how they look like. I tend to avoid that and I easily forget to describe someone's appearance. ;-; Besides I don't need to describe the Host Club because y'all already know how they look like, so that's probably another reason why I forgot.

So, I'm sorry for not describing anyone who I might've forgotten.

Andddddd a lil extra. Here's Thomas.

Without his uniform anyway

I didn't want to post a picture of how Yaboku looks mile because that's all upto you since you're siblins. :)

I brabble a lot I know. XD

Hope you have a great day~ ♡