4. Midnight Meeting

Daniel walked to her, typing away things unto his phone, "Kate, we need to go now." He said, not knowing that she's accompanied.

"Ehem," she cleared her voice, making him to look up to see a stranger with her. "Oh hello, I'm Daniel. Kate's friend." He said with his hand sticking out. "TOP." He took his hand to shake.

"TOP? You're the owner right?" Daniel asked. "Yes, that's me and the other guys." He replied with a smile.

"Can you wait outside for a bit please?" Kate whispered politely. He then gave a nod to the both of them. "Nice to meet you." He said to Seung Hyun and left.

"I'm curious about something." She said in a fast pace. "Where ar—"

"Let me answer your question on our third meeting. Next Friday at 7? Here." He said. "I can't. My work's finished at midnight. Come to The Moonlight Flow. I'll be there." She said in a hurry.

"Okay."

—•—•—

Friday comes so slow when both Kate and Seung Hyun are looking forward to it. The days after Sunday were pretty usual. Kate with her usual route from home to the restaurant and Seung Hyun with his usual route from home to the gallery.

"Are you staying?" Jörn asked, packing things to his bag. "Yes, someone's coming here." She replied shyly. "Ahhh..." he teased.

"I'll make sure to lock everything like I always do. Don't worry." She said ignoring his tease.

Jörn couldn't hold his smirk. "Alright then. I better be off now." He gets ready to leave. "Make sure to feed him well." He teased her once again and leave before getting a smack from Kate.

Looking at the clock, Kate's wondering on whether he's coming or not. I should've asked for his number, she thought to herself.

While waiting for the unsureness, Kate decided to make a batch of her favorite dessert of all time.

Make the fillings, dip the lady fingers and layer it. Doesn't take long to make a Tiramisu. She put the tray in the refrigerator and then begin to clean up the mess she made.

Is he here? She asked herself after hearing noises from outside the kitchen. She pokes her head outside the door to see Seung Hyun carefully entering the dark restaurant.

Kate sigh in relief, "you made it."

Seung Hyun smiled as he sees the familiar face, showing her that he's holding a bouquet of flowers. "Good evening." He said politely.

"It's midnight, my friend." Kate laughed as she leads him to her small office in the kitchen. "For the lady." Seung Hyun handed her the bouquet that's full of pink lilies. "Thank you."

"Have you eaten yet?" She asked before getting her senses back, "of course you ate, it's midnight." She replied to herself, feeling stupid.

He gave a soft laugh, "I ate, thanks for asking." The two sat face to face in awkwardness.

"I'm from South Korea, if that's what you wanted to ask." He said, replying to the question that Kate wanted to ask last Sunday.

These past few days, he's been thinking about her. More like thinking on what did she do to make him so soft. Seung Hyun knows himself, at least he knows that he's not the type of person who's easy to befriend with.

The same thing happened to Kate. She's been thinking about him. Where he's from, how old he is, is Top his real name? Am I hitting on a married man?! That thought came pass through her mind.

Out of all the questions that's been wandering around her mind, she asked, "what's your story?"

He smiled.

For the first time again, he met someone who have no idea who he is. How popular and powerful he is. What kind of a world he's from. He loves the idea of being unknown again. At least for just a bit.

"I have lots of stories, Ms. Kate." He said truthfully. "And after I finish those stories, you might run away or just don't believe it. Or maybe you'll end up using me but I don't think that'll be the case." He mumbled his last sentence but he knows that Kate heard it clearly. "I want to tell you my story. The real story."

"So tell me." She said, confused with the mumbles.

"Who are you, Mr. Top?"