22. Christmas Tree

"So who's coming?"

Seung Hyun and Kate are currently watching but she's distracted on thinking about the Christmas Eve dinner. What dishes should she make, when should she start to decorate the house and many more.

He told her that his bandmates are excited for it and his family is coming as well. He hasn't told about inviting 2NE1 over since they haven't gave him a confirmation on that. "Apart from BIGBANG and my family, I'm expecting 2NE1 to come too." He replied, eyes glued to the wide screen.

"I invited them but they're not sure since Chae Rin is still in America while Minzy and Bom Noona are busy with comebacks. Dara might be coming." He said as Kate gave a silent, "ohh".

She turned her face to Seung Hyun who's still chuckling from watching, "then let's go shopping now. To decorate the house." Kate said with enthusiasm written all over her face. This time, he laughed from her cuteness.

"Let's go." He gets up with their hands intertwined.

—•—•—

After spending a good amount of money and time, they are currently putting up the pine tree in the living room.

They chose the color black and white for the decorations since Seung Hyun thinks that bright colors won't look good with all his displayed art collection around his house.

Kate carefully unbox the ornaments for the Christmas tree while Seung Hyun is still dealing with the tree itself, changing for the best position.

"Mr. Choi, are you going to spend the whole day moving the tree?" She asked, frustrated with seeing him busy with pushing it here and there. "Nope, I'm done." He replied after moving the tree to the corner of the living room.

Seung Hyun and Kate began to decorate the Christmas tree. Black and white ornaments fill the empty tree perfectly before wrapping the lights to lighten it up. "The star." She handed him the tree topper as Seung Hyun tiptoe to put the star on top.

"Turn it on!" Kate is way too excited on seeing the result of their hard work, and when he turns it on, she's in awe with the beautiful thing in front of her. "We did it." He whispered, stroking her arm softly.

"We did."

—•—•—

With the café being closed for two weeks, Kate is using up her time to stay home all day lazily. She continue to decorate the house for a little bit more when Seung Hyun is out working for his schedules.

The cleaner ladies are also on holiday so Kate is the one who cleans the house even though Seung Hyun told her to just call other cleaners. Either way, she fills her day with cleaning the whole house and cooking some food before burying herself in a soft-knitted blanket with a novel in her hand.

But after half an hour of resting, she decided to go out for some fresh air. Putting on her sunglasses and black coat before leaving Seung Hyun's house, she took his car keys and leave.

Where should I go? She asked herself, driving down the road slowly to see a few stores open. After buying some ice cream and snacks at 7-Eleven, she walked out to see someone she knows passing by the store.

"Hye Yeon Unnie! Yeon Jun-ah!" She exclaimed as the lady turned around, showing a confused look. "It's me, Kate." She said again before lowering down her glasses.

"Oh! Yeon Jun-ah, it's auntie Kate!" She said to her son excitingly. "Annyeonghaseyo, Imo."

Kate lowers herself to give him a hug and said her greeting. "What are you doing here?"

"Just... walking around. You?" Kate smiled before letting go the little boy's hand to stand. "I visited Seung Hyun's house but he's not home."

"He's at his friend's place." She informed her. "Ahh I see," Hye Yeon nods, "were you at his?" She smirks.

"Ne..." Kate blushes, "...ah Unnie, did you eat already? If not, let's get some food." She change the topic to hide her guilt.

Most Koreans do not approve cohabitation. Even though the young adults are pretty okay with it, Kate still thinks that all Koreans despise cohabitation.

Seung Hyun and Kate never talked about them occasionally living together to his family but they eventually learns about it. They're open minded Koreans who didn't see cohabitation as a taboo. "We ate." Hye Yeon replied with a small laugh.

"We went out because Yeon Jun-ie wants some hot chocolate." She continued, leading the way as Kate trails her from behind quickly. "Where are you going?"

Not walking towards the nearby café, Hye Yeon lead the way to her car. "To get some hot chocolate." She replied. "Ah, okay... can you please text me the address? I drove." Kate cluelessly said, making Hye Yeon turn around to see her and smiles.

"Seung Hyun-ie's."