20. Caught

After a week of opening the cafe, Kate gathered her staffs for a meeting for an evaluation. "Before we begin, I would like to thank you all for your hard work for the past week and also coming in earlier today." She said as they gathered around the table. "I know it's quite a lot to handle the busyness, but I am glad to see how you all are adjusting well."

As the owner, Kate became the first person to say what's on her mind. Reading all the points she wrote on her notebook regarding the café, she realized that there's a lot of things that are needed to be changed or done. "That's all from me. Anyone wants to add in?" One employee raised her hand, wanting to get Kate's attention. "Yes, Bo Ah-ssi."

Everyone speak their minds, evaluating things to improve of what's lacking and what they need while working.

"Remember that your school and training comes first, arasseo? Focus on that before the café."

—•—•—

"Is this true?" Yang Hyun Suk slammed his tablet to the sofa where Seung Hyun is sitting.

He's called into the office early in the morning by his boss and he knows that there's something going on.

He took the tablet, reading through the article and looking at the photos taken. "Why didn't you tell me before?!" Yang Hyun Suk said, knowing that it's true without Seung Hyun confirming it. "I'm sorry, Sajangnim." He says, putting down the tablet.

He took a couple of deep breaths, processing on what to do and say. "How are we going to handle this? What am I supposed to say to the reporters?" He calmed down a little bit, waiting for Seung Hyun to say something. "Say that it's true. We've been seeing each other for some time." He replied with a steady voice, telling—or more like demanding his boss to say the truth to the press.

"Who is she? Is she someone from YG? A celebrity?" Yang Hyun Suk needs to know the detail information in order to handle it the right way. "A chef. Foreigner." Seung Hyun replied, making his boss sigh.

"Are you sure you want to say that it's true? It's going to be very hard on you, Seung Hyun-ah." He put both his hands on top of his desk, frustrated with doing something risky. Yang Hyun Suk knew that there'll be a time to announce that Seung Hyun is in a relationship. But after a year from his military discharge? It is quite too soon.

"Yes, I'm sure. Just... don't let anyone know who she is. I'll be more careful." He's not afraid of the outcome when the official statement from YG breaks out, confirming that the photos taken are all true.

"I'm very sorry, Sajangnim."

—•—•—

"What happened?" 2 in the afternoon, it's her time to come out from her room to oversee the café. But when she finally comes out, she's confused after seeing some customers on their phones, gasping. "What are they gasping about?"

"Ani, Chef. You might not know the person." Min Kyu said behind the cashier counter. "But... do you happen to know BIGBANG?" He continued.

"Of course, they're huge." Kate replied, hiding the fact that she literally know the members of BIGBANG and is dating one.

"Jinjja? They're indeed huge to the whole earth huh." Bo Ah said to herself while making a coffee. "Well, this morning the rapper Tabi is reported to have a girlfriend. The pictures are everywhere." Min Kyu informed his boss.

What?! She freezes.

"Chef?"

"Hm? What was it?" Kate shuttered.  "The rapper Tabi, he's dating someone." He repeated himself. "Ahh, geure?" She replied, trying so hard to stay calm in front of them. "Yeah, a lot of people are speculating who the girlfriend is."

She pats his shoulder, "wait a minute, I need to make a phone call. I'll be back in a minute."

She quickly walks to her work room, searching her phone before phoning Seung Hyun. "Mr. Choi, are there articles about us?" Kate asked as soon as he picked the phone up. "Are you okay? Is the company okay?" She babbles, she ask a lot of questions that he himself has a hard time to answer everything at once. "I'm sorry I didn't discuss it with you first."

"I talked to President Yang this morning. Everything is under control, Ms. Kate." He simply said, putting her at ease. "Is the company going to deny it? It's okay if they do." She doesn't want to burden his reputation just because a dating scandal broke out. If denying their relationship is what it takes to maintain it, she's alright with that. Seung Hyun instantly replied, "no. It's going to be a confirmation article."

Before she can say a word, he continued, "your name won't be mentioned."

She knows that she can't have a normal relationship when her boyfriend is a celeb, or at least in Korea. No public dates, no PDAs, even posting something on social media is risky. Seung Hyun once said that after the public knows who she is, she can't go anywhere freely like she can now. And Kate still wants her privacy. "Everything is going to be fine, Ms. Kate." He softly said over the line.

She sits on her chair, "thank you."

"For what?"

"For saying it's true. I know it'll be hard on you." She unlocks her laptop and search Seung Hyun's name on the web portal. "Uri. It's going to be hard on us." Photos of them sneaking into a gallery a few months ago, BIGBANG members, Kate and Min Hyo Rin exiting the restaurant and when Seung Hyun and Kate were walking to a restaurant a few days ago are all over the internet.

"What's the worst case scenario?" She asked, still scrolling through articles. "You leaving me."

Even when he said it so seriously, she laughs at him for saying that, "Mr. Choi, you know I wouldn't do that."

"It's still my worst case scenario."