30. Decision

Since the day Kate's unmasked face surfed around Korea's tabloid and phones, it's been hard for her to visit the places she used to go.

When she goes to the supermarket, everyone noticed who she is and comments about her. They think commenting out loud at her in Korean is fine since she won't understand, but that's a big no.

People mock her in Korean, compliment her in Korean and say every worse or best thing possible in Korean yet all she can do is put her head down. Kate pretends to not understand a thing they said.

This is an unpleasant experience, she thought to herself, amazed on how celebrities are used to it. "Thank you." She said in English to the person behind the counter, taking her belongings and leave the room where everyone is secretly staring at her.

As she comes into her store, many female customers took their phones out to take a picture of Kate. She quickly walks to her office upstairs and sigh in relief. "Don't they have works to do?" She said to herself.

Hours passed by with busying herself with baking. And when she takes a break, Kate foolishly decided to search Seung Hyun's name on the web portal. She hoped that there won't be new articles about them but pictures of her at the store she visited earlier has been circulated around the internet. She read the comments where people are hating her and some liking her.

Tired of seeing the comments, she calls her boyfriend instead. One ring, two, three, four, he doesn't pick up. "I should call Hong Gil." She whispered.

"Ne, Hong Gil-ssi. Is Seung Hyun with you?" She asked after he answers her call. "Ah... okay. Please tell him to call me when he's finished. Thank you."

Kate tidy up her room, packs her bag, putting her coat and mask on before leaving her room. She checks everything at the cashier despite being bombard with pictures and finally, she can leave her store.

—•—•—

"I just finished my schedule, where are you?" Seung Hyun asked over the phone, "at the apartment."

Kate can hear the beeping sound the machine makes after he push in the code numbers, "come home."

"No reporters there?"

Seung Hyun let out a scoff, "they're camping outside the house. Just come here, I don't care if they'll make more articles about us."

"Are you crazy? At this rate you'll get kicked out of YG." She shakes her head unconsciously. "Trust me, President Yang won't kick me out of YG. BIGBANG is his precious gems." He laughs.

"You know what, I'll come to your place." With that, Seung Hyun hangs up on her.

He quickly pack his bag without even changing his clothes, taking his car keys and drive pass through all the people outside his house. All of the reporters follow his car with their cameras and flashes.

Minutes later, the bell rings. Kate gets up from the couch to see her boyfriend behind the door. "You're crazy."

Seung Hyun frowns, "no hi? No hug? N—" Before he can continue his nags, Kate kisses his lips softly, arms wrapping around his neck. "Hi." She whispers as she hugs him tight. "Annyeong."

"What's with the bag?" She put it on the table while Seung Hyun grab himself two wine glasses, "just my clothes and some other important things."

"Your other important things are four bottles of wine, toiletries and a book? Wait. Are you sleeping here?"

Seung Hyun approach her at the living room, opening the wine he brought and pour it into the glasses. "Yes."

Not wanting to question his oddness, she decides to enjoy their peaceful night. The two are curled up in her handwoven cotton blanket.

Seung Hyun tells her about his day and Kate tells her's except being followed by his fans. She doesn't want to make him think she's having a hard time adjusting to the new life. Even though she actually is, Kate is trying to deal with it by herself.

"You know what? Since the public already know that we're dating, we can actually go on public dates. I've never bring you to a proper date before." He said with excited eyes, "should we do it tomorrow?"

She smiled, "we went to proper dates. We eat out once in a while, went to museums, sho—"

"A date without camouflaging ourselves."

After hearing what he said, Kate took a second to imagine themselves in the public. No masks, no hats, no black parkas zipped up to their necks.

"Is it a good idea? Shouldn't you ask President Yang first?" Kate loves the idea of public dates but she knows that her imagination will be far different from the reality.

"No, we can do it regardless President Yang says yes or no." Seung Hyun shows his sneaky smile. "Come on, before I got busy."

For a brief moment, Kate wants to be greedy. She wants to feel how it's like to go on dates with the person she loves, even when everyone is going to hate her.

"Okay. Let's do it."