16. 4th of November

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Seung Hyun. Happy birthday to you!" Kate holds the cake that she proudly made earlier today, waiting for Seung Hyun to blow out the candles. "Make a wish!" She said in excitement.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds and blew the candles, leaving the smoke to collide into the air. "Thank you, Ms. Kate." He said, hugging her tight.

The two sat at Seung Hyun's dining table as Kate brings out a box that's wrapped with black wrapping paper. "You don't have to buy me gifts." He said, taking the box right away and rip the paper off.

"Sassicaia, 2007." He whispered to himself in amazement. "I didn't have the money to buy you an art piece so I bought this instead." She said.

"Another collection to my wine storage." He put the wine bottle back to its box, "we'll drink this on a special day." Seung Hyun smiles, loving how beautiful the start of his birthday celebration is. "Thank you, once again." He said as Kate store the cake in the cake keeper since they won't eat it at midnight.

"You're coming right?" He asked, following her from behind. "I don't want to be an uninvited guest, you know? What if they don't like me?" She replied with anxiety all over her.

"They are dying to see you, Ms. Kate." Seung Hyun wraps his arms around her waist, head resting on her shoulder. "They'll love you, trust me."

"Okay."

—•—•—

"Su gohaessseoyo." She said to the workers who's cleaning up the café. By tomorrow, it will be inspected for the last time and everyone is working their best to get the approval.

After saying her goodbyes to the other workers, Kate enters the black car that's been waiting for her out front, "hi." She greeted him as she pull the seatbelt across. "Ready to go?" He asked, changing the gear to drive. "Yup."

The two arrived at their destination after a good 20 minutes ride, wearing their long coats and face masks before leaving the car. "Let's go." He said as the two quickly enters the warm restaurant.

The maître d' escorts Seung Hyun and Kate to their private room and excused herself after they're in front of the closed door. "Gamshabnida." The two said in union.

"Saengil chuga-hae, Hyung!!" Everyone shouted after seeing Seung Hyun opened the door, leaving a surprised look on his face. Kate, however, is awkwardly standing behind him like a statue. "Why are you all here already?!" He replied, not saying thank you or whatsoever.

Seung Hyun began to hug everyone individually except Min Hyo Rin, Young Bae's wife, since it's not appropriate to do that. He took a second before realizing that Kate is still standing at the corner of the room, "Ms. Kate." He called her, gesturing his hand to come to him.

So unlike her, Kate's mind is filled with how to greet BIGBANG and Min Hyo Rin. She doesn't want to leave a bad first impression, so she kept on thinking on what to say while walking towards the group. "Hello." She said, or more like whispered. "Ah, I mean... annyeonghaseyo." She greets them again, this time louder and bowing down.

Her behaviour causes everyone to smile from her cuteness. "You must be Kate. Hello." Young Bae said in perfect English before introducing her to his wife. "Annyeonghaseyo, Kate-ssi." Daesung said, offering his hand for her to shake. "Ne, annyeonghaseyo." Again, she said with awkwardness.

Seungri approached the new face, smiling widely with unbelief, "wow, you exist." Ji Yong smacked his head from the back after listening to what the maknae just said. At least in Korean. "Ya!"

"Ji Yong." Ji Yong said with hand sticking out and a smile across his face, "Kate." She replied with a soft laugh before they all sat on their seats. "Hyung, does she understand Korean?" Seungri whispered, but of course everyone can hear him out. "Yeah." He replied, taking a glance of nervous Kate. "Then does she understand what I said before?!" He asked again to Seung Hyun.

"Yes, I understand you." She replied in fluent Korean leaving Seungri and everyone else shocked.

She started to loosen up after they filled the room with their voices and laughters. Hyo Rin, in the other hand, is confused with what to say to Kate. She's extremely happy that she's not the only woman in the group anymore. "It's good to see you in person." She said in English.

Kate smiles, touched that someone is actually speaking English to her rather than Korean. "The pleasure is all mine, Hyo Rin-ssi."