26. New Year

While waiting for Seung Hyun, Kate rest herself on the couch at the living room, scrolling down through her Instagram feed to see a bunch of Seung Hyun's weird posts. "Mr. Choi, you do realize you're taking so much time." She shouted.

The two are about to attend a private new year party which YG Entertainment hold once in a while.

At first, Kate hesitate on going. She doesn't want to ruin his reputation on dating a foreigner. When they talked about it, Seung Hyun said that his name is already ruined so there's nothing for her to be worried about. He is ready with anything that'll be thrown at him.

Seung Hyun took a couple more minutes before walking out from the closet room. "I'm done." He said, walking out in his black shirt, black pants, and maroon coat.

Damn. How can a man looks this charming? She thought to herself. "Is it weird?" He asked since Kate stares at him with a blank face. "No. You look perfect." She replied before looking at his face.

"You spent 20 minutes to wear a shirt? I thought you'll be wearing one of those glittery tux." The two chuckled before he walks towards her, giving his hand. 

"Let's go."

—•—•—

No one notice Seung Hyun and Kate when they enter the loud, dark room. Everyone is busy dancing around to the music that Seungri is DJ-ing.

They try to find familiar faces who aren't dancing in the middle of the room, only to found Ji Yong playing with his phone.

"Why are you here alone?" Seung Hyun asked as they sit with him. "I shouldn't be here. Seungri dragged me when I should be working on the songs." He replied after locking and putting his phone on the table.

Kate sigh in frustration after hearing him, "Ji Yo—aniya. Oppa, even when you're going to work for the rest of your life, you need to take a break." She said as if she knows him in and out when she only knows him for a few months. "When will you find someone to date at this rate?"

Ji Yong stayed silent while Seung Hyun is trying to hide his laugh and proud smile. Everyone has been telling him to stop working too much and Ji Yong didn't expect someone like Kate would give him the same advice.

"Ne Ahjumma." He said and bows his head slightly. "Wait. Since when do you call him 'Oppa'?" Seung Hyun face his girlfriend with a confused look.

"Since Christmas Eve? I told you that they've been telling me to call them 'Oppa'." She replied, only to get an "oh, right."

Young Bae and Hyo Rin comes to the table exhausted. Especially Young Bae, who they can tell has been dancing like crazy.

The juniors take turns to greet them with small talks and introduce themselves to Kate. She didn't know how to respond the juniors but she introduce herself every time anyway.

"Are they afraid of BIGBANG?" After Hanbin and Mino left their table, Kate finally asked the question she's been wanting to ask. "I don't think so. It's just that we're their sunbae so they always shows us respect." Seung Hyun explained, filling up some more alcohol to his glass. "Most of them are scared of Hyung, though." Young Bae said.

"That's right." Ji Yong snap his fingers. "Everyone who doesn't know him well are nervous around him."

"Lee Hi-ie, iKon and Winner members, they're so awkward with him."

While the boys joke around loudly, Kate and Hyo Rin catch things up with their lives. As usual, Hyo Rin and Kate talk about anything and everything when they're together. To a point where Kate knows every member of her family even when she has never met them, Hyo Rin is her true friend.

"Unnie! Are you pregnant?" Kate whispered excitingly after realizing that she's been drinking tea.

"Huh?"

Kate point to her drink, only to make Hyo Rin laugh. "There's bourbon in this." She gives her her glass. Kate follow her laugh, "I thought you are. You made my hopes high."

Because of that, Kate starts to ask questions regarding her married life. Are they planning to have kids? How are they handling their busy schedules and their marriage? Kate knows that shortly after they got married, Young Bae left for military.

"When we were dating, we both know that our intention is to get married. Adjusting our life from before and after is not that hard because we've been doing it for years. And because we both are public figures and work in the entertainment world, we understand each other's work." She explained. "But then, Kate-ah, it must've been hard for you with his schedule."

Kate shakes her head, "not really, though. We managed ourselves to meet every now and then. And since the holiday, I stayed at his house so we're together everyday." She smiles as they continue their talk for a little longer before joining the table's chat.

The night grows deeper and deeper, everyone count down to the last remaining seconds before they enter the new year. "Do Koreans find a partner to kiss on new year?" Kate asked her man. "No."

"6! 5! 4!" The crowd's cheer fills the room and became their background music. "But since you're American, I have an excuse to kiss you. Happy new year." Seung Hyun whispered before giving her a passionate kiss.

"Happy new year, Mr. Choi."