17. 4th of November

The room is getting warmer and warmer as Seungri and Young Bae entertains everyone with singing and dancing to a bunch of girl group's songs. "Keojineun heart b-b-beat ppalajinuende..." The rest can't control their laughs watching silly Seungri and Young Bae. Even Hyo Rin is a bit ashamed at her husband yet loving it at the same time.

"Do people actually do this at a fine dining restaurant?"

With working at fine dining restaurants around Europe, she thought that everyone is there for a classy-glamoureous meal. Not a goofy one. "Just us." Seung Hyun replied with a giggle.

—•—•—

"I see a new side of you today." They're now on their way back to Seung Hyun's home. "I didn't know you're a dork."

Seung Hyun laughed shamelessly, "the more you hang with us, the more you can see that I'm the weirdest one."

"For almost a year we're together, you never did something like that in front of me. You seemed upright and serious, someone who's so mature." Kate tried to remember the strangest thing he ever did, "well, you did asked weird stuffs like do I have a goat or hahaha you literally asked me whether I was raised in the ocean because I'm bubbly!" She scoffed.

"I don't think you've done something as weird as you did with the boys. You're like a wimpy kid."

Seung Hyun smiled as he listens how Kate describes himself in her point of view. "Ah, maybe it's because you're with your group! I understand." Kate keeps on talking to herself, leaving Seung Hyun confused on what to reply.

Then the car becomes silent. She's no longer debating herself out loud, she's asking things on her mind. Even though Seung Hyun doesn't get the bubbly side of her, he always managed to know with the silent side of her.

"They adore you." He said out of the blue, knowing that Kate is back to her nervous state, thinking about what just happened on her first meeting with BIGBANG. She turns her head to see him, "huh?"

"They like you. They're surprised that someone actually have the strength to be with me." He gave a small laugh, "when I told them about you, they didn't believe me because I've been alone for years to a point I said I won't be able to find a woman to be with."

"And then you came along. The girl with the empty glass of beer." He smiled, remembering the time when he saw her dancing at the pub. Seung Hyun parked his car in the garage, turning his head to see Kate who's been watching him.

She couldn't express how magical she feels. Meeting a special man was not on her wish list but God is graceful enough to let her have the happiness she never imagined to have.

"Ne, Eomma." He answered his phone with a smile, "ne, ne, that's the right address. Arasseo." He continued while glancing at her.

"Ah Eomma, I'm bringing someone with me."

—•—•—

His birthday celebration has not come to an end, the two are sitting in a private room, waiting for his family to arrive. Kate's heart beats too fast on thinking that any second, they'll step into the room. "Are they here?" She asked for the third time, nervous if they come when she's not ready.

"My parents aren't that scary, only my sister. But as long as you're in the good side of her son, everything will be alright." Seung Hyun said, rubbing her back in circle to calm her down. "I know! You said that already."

"You kept on asking too!" He complained, still rubbing her back. "Just remember what to address them. And breathe. It'll be okay." He continues slowly while Kate opens her phone camera to see her make up. "You don't have to worry about your appearance, Ms. Kate. You're beautiful."

Her cheeks become red and somehow, the room gets so warm. "What's with the sudden compliment?"

"I can't say you're beautiful? Then should I say you're ugly?"

The two laughed as Kate hit his arm playfully. "You're beautiful. And when you're laughing, it feels like I'm drowning into your world." He said, making her falls over and over again.

Both Kate and Seung Hyun turn their faces after hearing the sound of the door opening, making them stand. "Adeul!" Finally, his family has arrived.

"Saengil chuga-hae, Adeul." Her mom said as she quickly walks to her tall son, hugging him tight. The mother and son smiled at each other before she change her focus to the woman beside him. His mom is quite surprised that the guest is a foreigner but she welcomed her in delight. "Annyeonghaseyo, you must be my son's friend." She gave her a hand.

Kate shake his mother's hand while bowing down 45 degrees respectfully, "annyeonghaseyo, Eomeonim."