21. Marriage 101

The reporters are all gone after not getting any leads for two weeks. Seung Hyun's house and YGE building has been filled with people except reporters. He's very excited to be back to his normal state, excited for her to be back home.

It's been awhile since they last met. Even when they keep calling and texting each other, the only way to see each other's faces is through their phones.

In her free time, Kate occasionally read through the comment section on Seung Hyun's Instagram posts. She scrolls, and scrolls, and keep on scrolling just to see how much people are hating her.

The hates are mostly in Korean language, and that's what makes it harder for her. They don't even know who I am. She always thought to herself, thinking too much.

But whenever she talks to him, she forgets how much hate she's been receiving. Kate finds her peace when she's with him, always feel safe when they're together like now.

"What do you think?"

As they're approaching the end of December, Kate asked Seung Hyun whether he celebrates Christmas or not.

He doesn't grow up religious while Kate celebrates Christmas with her family when she lived in Los Angeles. It's been years since she last celebrate it and Kate has the heart to start doing it again. "Do you want to try?"

Seung Hyun loves the idea with putting up and decorating the pine tree, inviting family and friends for a feast and of course, enjoying a cup of hot chocolate accompanied with laughs. "Let's do it." He said in excitement, thinking how ordinary it would be for him to do a new thing with someone he truly adores.

—•—•—

"Christmas Eve dinner at your house? I'll be there for sure."

BIGBANG is gathering for Seungri's birthday at a restaurant. He just told his group about the Christmas dinner that he's planning to hold and he knows that both Young Bae and Daesung are going to love the idea but not the other two.

Ji Yong is always busy on producing songs and working on his fashion business while Seungri... he's a busy businessman. Seung Hyun is hoping that his very first proper Christmas is going to be filled with joy and love, like what everyone said it should be. "Everyone is coming right? I'm thinking on inviting the girls also if they're here." Seung Hyun said before shoving a slice of sushi into his mouth.

"We're coming." Ji Yong said as he usually do, leadership paved in his blood. "Geunde... do you think about marriage, Hyung?" Daesung suddenly asked. He's quiet taken aback with Daesung's question as he stare him with a blank face. "Hyung." Daesung called him out.

"N-no. Not yet." He stuttered. "It didn't came through my mind." Seung Hyun confessed while everyone is disappointed with it. "I think you should. When I first met Hyo Rin, I knew right away that she's the one." Young Bae begins his 101 marriage advice. "I'm pretty sure you felt the same way. Or at least you feel it now."

Ji Yong nod in agreement. "I think it is her, hyung."

Unlike their usual dinner that's filled with non-stop laughs and then ending up drunk, tonight they're giving a serious talk to the eldest. Everyone knows that Seung Hyun is bad at dating and from all the ladies he introduced to them, Kate truly is one of a kind.

They're afraid that this time, Kate will leave him because of the fame and busyness. So they are trying to give him a talk on how to keep a healthy relationship. With him being a husband, Young Bae wants to tell him about everything he needs to know on being one.

"When I met Hyo Rin, she's already successful so she doesn't need my money. I know Kate is too. She start her own café and is working daily, that shows independence and not needing your money." Young Bae said in a teaching attitude.

"So it gets tricky. If she wants your money, you can easily make her happy by giving her money. But she's with you for a relationship, so you need to know what she needs and what she wants." He said as everyone listens to him carefully, taking notes on their minds for their future girlfriends. "In my case, Hyo Rin loves hearing 'I love you's or words that can affirm her. So when she's working, I'll text or call her just to let her know that I'm with her."

Looking back to who they were at the early years of BIGBANG, everyone is amazed on how they've matured. It was all about working up late and teasing each other. They've come a long way to be who they are now, still can't believe one of them is married and giving out marriage advices.

"But then Hyung, women are complicated. When they say A, they expect us to do B. It's always like that." Daesung complains before Seungri nods in agreement. "Is Noona like that?"

Getting asked about his wife, Young Bae's face immediately glows in red, "well, she can be like that at times." He chuckles. "But as time goes by, she speaks what she wants so that there won't be a misunderstanding."

"It's always a bit of this and that, you know? You're learning as you're doing it."