9. Good Night and Good Morning

Jörn and Kate have been reviewing résumé after résumé, sorting out the ones that will be perfect for the sous chef position, replacing Kate.

He asked 6 months from Kate to work for him and the time is almost up. With the restaurant who just got back on its feet, Jörn is ready to let go of her. "I think this one is pretty skilled, look at that." Kate showed him the front of stapled papers, revealing the list where the applicant studied and worked at. 

"This is the last one, isn't it? I'll call them here tomorrow." He said, taking the papers that they've chose and leaving her to his office.

"Jörn." Kate entered his room to see him looking through another pile of papers. "I can stay if you want me to, you know." She said, leaning to the door. "You've done more than enough Kate. I don't want to burden you any longer." He said, still focusing on the papers. "Besides, the restaurant is improving. It's getting under control."

"Just tell me if you need me, okay? I want to help." She said, walking back to the kitchen. "I'll go now!" She then shouted, grabbing her bag and leave.

—•—•—

"You're up?" She smiles as he answered her call right away. "It's almost 9 in the morning, Ms. Kate." He said, still lazily lying in bed. She misses him very much. Whenever she went home at midnight, that one-night memory she shared with Seung Hyun never fade away. 

"Mwohae?" Kate asked with an awkward accent. Seung Hyun has been teaching her Korean language since she's getting an interest to it.

"Still in my bed. I need to get ready though, I have an interview this afternoon for the movie." Knowing that Kate only know a few words of Korean, Seung Hyun replied in English. "You? How was your day?"

"I just got back from work. We picked some résumés earlier and Jörn's calling them in tomorrow. We're going to test them on Galantine."

Kate always tells him with what's going on with her in London. He knows that she and Jörn are looking for Kate's replacement.

"That's good. You're almost free then." She once told him that she wants to open up her own shop. As much as she loves working on a fine dining restaurant, her heart is for pâtisserie. With all the studies and experience she had over the past years, she feels like it's time to open up her own. "I actually am."

But then, she has no idea where to start. She do have the money, the skills, the ideas. Just not the exact place where to open her business.

"Is there... um... any plans?" She asked softly. Hoping for a 'yes' answer. "Not yet, Kate." Seung Hyun felt bad. Since their last encounter, Kate only asked this question 2 times. And he knows that when she asked this, she's missing him terribly. "I'm sorry."

Kate lay down on the living room's couch with blanket wrapping her body loosely. Too sad to sleep alone in the huge bed. "It's fine. You've been busy with your works, I am too. And then I'll be more busy training the chef once Jörn and I pick one it's just that I hope we can see each other in between." When she doesn't know what to say, Kate babbles. Saying lots of sentences without a pause. Even though Seung Hyun finds it cute, he knows that he's disappointing her. "I hope so too."

Kate silently sigh, "it's getting late here and you need to get ready. I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Okay. I'll talk to you later. Good night, Ms. Kate." He replied, preparing himself to get up. "Good morning, Mr. Choi."