15. Working and Longing

She left Europe with a book full of recipes she made throughout her culinary journey. After adjusting her new life in South Korea, she went to see baking suppliers to find Korean ingredients that can be used for her recipes. Remeasuring and renovating her recipes takes a lot of effort and time and she's glad how well it turns out. She found a place to open her café and all the documents needed are still in process.

From morning to noon, she went to the embassy and went to her shop to meet with all her workers. With the help of a lady she met through Hong Gil, Kate's works have been easier than she thought it should be.

"Is that it?" She asked Jung So Hae, the person Hong Gil introduced to Kate. "That is it. The foods are checked, the documents will be delivered to you in around 3-5 days. But you do need to clean up all this mess for it to be inspected one last time." Jung So Hae helped a lot of people who wants to open up food businesses so she knows the how-to.

Kate sigh in relieve, knowing that her dream is just one step closer. "When can I officially open?"

"Late October is the earliest. But I think it's best to open around November." The ladies walked out the store that's becoming more like a café. "I can't thank you enough, Jung So Hae-ssi." She speaks in Korean as a sign of deep respect. "It's my pleasure to help you, Kate-ssi."

—•—•—

What are you up to? A text light up Seung Hyun's phone in which he did not see. Seung Hyun and Ji Yong has been working on their second GD&TOP album for hours.

He'll sleep over at the company or come home at dawn and went back to the agency as soon as he wakes up. But of course, as soon as he wakes up actually means as soon as he's ready.

He bops his head to the bass that's being played loudly, closing his eyes as he immersed himself with the song. "Have you finished writing your part?" Seung Hyun asked Ji Yong who's sitting in front of the computer. "I finished it hours ago. Didn't you get my text?"

"Ah, I haven't open my phone." He grabs his phone from the table, turning it on to find his text. "'In the morning we met and by night we sweat. Tried to forget but baby you're my cigarette.' Whoa." He quotes Ji Yong's English lyrics in amazement.

While reading the finished lyrics, a notification from Kate came in. Are you still at your company? He immediately taps it to see her messages. Yes, I'm still working. Where are you?

Your place. Dropping some Pain au Chocolat.

Heat it in the electric oven for 10 minutes. I've set the temperature so you just need to set the time.

Seung Hyun smiled as he read her texts, touched with the little things she did for him. You have to make me a proper breakfast you know.

Seung Hyun waits for her texts instead of revising the lyrics. How can I make you breakfast when you always sleep there.

Not always.

Then should I wait for you here?

Don't. I'm not coming home in another few hours. He replied, taking a glance at the clock on his phone. 22:13.

Okay. Be safe wherever you are.

"Hyung, are you done?" Ji Yong turned his chair around to see Seung Hyun types another word on his phone. You too. "Hyung." He called out again. Seung Hyun look up with a grin, "not yet."

They work on the song for another couple of hours until they feel the perfection on every tones and melodies. "You should go home, Ji Yong-ah." He said while putting his stuffs in his bag.

"Yeah, I'll go home tomorrow."

He sighs, couldn't understand why Ji Yong is such a workaholic. "Ani, go home now." Everyone must see Seung Hyun as the baby in the group but when it comes to the member's well-being, he became the most wisest person. "Arasseo arasseo."

"I'll get going now." He exits the recording room and find his way to his car. Connecting his phone to the car's bluetooth, Seung Hyun play some songs to accompany his 20 minutes ride home.

Opening the door, he saw Kate's shoes at the entrance room and quickly comes in to find her. "Ms. Kate?" He call her softly. "Kate?"

And there she is, curling up on the couch, sleeping soundlessly. He was about to carry her to his room but then she groans and opened her eyes as soon as he touches her. "Oh? You're home. I must've fell asleep." She stood up and regains her consciousness.

"I told you not to wait for me, didn't I?" Kate smiled for a second before focusing her sight. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. That's why I stayed." Seung Hyun sat beside her, sliding his arms around her waist and rest his head on her shoulder. "What's wrong?" She continued, confused with his sudden action but hugs him back.

"Nothing. Four days is too much. It feels like it's been months." He said, still hugging her tight.

"I know."

"Are you still working on the documents?" He pulls himself from her embrace. Just to use up his time to see her face. "It's done. Cleaning the café is the only thing left to do."

"Can we stay home all day tomorrow then?" Seung Hyun asked with his hopeful eyes piercing through her sleepy eyes. "Andwe. We have works to do." He pouts before bargaining, "12 o'clock?"

"12 o'clock? 12 o'clock sounds good."