Chapter I

"Wake up!" Someone yelled into my ear. "You don't have to be so loud..." I grunted. I could tell it was my childhood friend Rita, who was a year younger then me. She was a beautiful blonde that, despite her sometimes crappy attitude, was what almost every guy wanted in a girl. Anyone could say she was perfect for her looks but she was a bit annoying if you spent enough time with her, she means well though. I was lucky to have her around. "You can't keep falling asleep like that. Class is over." Rita sighed as she brushed a loose strand of her long golden hair out of her face. "Is it lunch already...?" I asked while raising my head from my desk. "No idiot, school's over." She answered sounding slightly annoyed. "Well... Sorry. I just loose track of time when we're together." I replied grabbing her hands with my own. "W-what? That's really corny..." The blonde chuckled taking her hands away from mine. I stayed silent and looked into her sky-blue eyes. "You can't be serious." Rita mumbled while crossing her arms. "I am. Aren't you interested in me?" I questioned standing up. "Only if you're interested in me." The girl replied jokingly. Then I took a step forwards and put my hand on her cheek. Rita's face started heating up and her eyes widened. "S-stop messing around..." She whispered. I just assured her I was serious and she blushed even more. "What kind of confession is this? T-these sort of things don't happen in real life." The blonde snickered nervously. "Just relax." I smiled leaning closer to her as she closed her eyes and pursed her lips a little. When our faces were inches apart I murmured "I can't believe that worked." Rita immediately opened her eyes and pushed away from me, but didn't say anything. "That's what you get for calling me an idiot-" I got interrupted by Rita's palm hitting me in the face. "You didn't have to hit me that hard!" I groaned while rubbing my cheek. "You're such a jerk." She mumbled with her face still red and left the classroom. "I think I went too far..." I said to myself as I sat back down...