You can't rewrite the stars

Instructions for writing this chapter: take the salty and gently rub it into the wound.

"Let me get changed into normal clothes..." Logan whispered, walking down the corridor as he fumbled with his sleeve.

"No, we're doing this right here." Roman claimed.

"Doing what, Roman? I like you, and you don't like me! That's all there is to it, and that's all that will ever be." Logan cried out.

"How do you know I don't like you?" The actor asked.

"Roman, are you stupid? You can't lie to Patton and Virgil, and you've told them you don't like me, end of story." Logan explained, staring deep into Roman's eyes.

"What if we tried?" 

"Tried what? Being together? Ro, I've been in love with you for a long time, and through all of it you haven't had the slightest romantic feeling towards me, in fourteen years. If you could love me you would by now." Logan's face was straight, showing no sign of emotion, except mild annoyance. Though that was barely touching the surface of all the feelings at play.

"So, what do you want us to do?" 

"Ignore all of this, pretend that it never happened. Pretend Virgil never said anything about this." The teacher suggested.

"No, I can't just ignore this." Roman protested quietly, as Logan broke.

"Then what do you want us to do? Be together and you suffer through being with me? Roman, we weren't made to be together! I love you, and we're both just going to have to deal with my useless pining! There are no options to choose, Roman! You can't just magically become my soulmate and fall in love with me! There is no such thing as love at first sight, but you won't love me now, and you won't love me in a million years! I wish it was different, but there is no way to rewrite the stars and say you'll be mine and have a happy ever after! Because there is no such thing as a happy ending!" Logan shouted loudly, loud enough for everyone in the apartment to hear. The man in a unicorn onesie rushed off to his room. 

Logan closed the door and locked it before Roman could barge in after him. But he didn't hear any knocks. The whole house was quiet, as Logan got in bed, shaking slightly from adrenaline.

He slept like that, too tired to do his usual nightly routine. Logan slept until five o'clock, and he left to his job early, so he didn't have to talk to Patton. He didn't want to talk to anyone right now. The day continued as usual, until he got home. 

Logan opened the door and was greeted with Patton standing in front of him, holding his unicorn onesie in his left hand, and a mug of tea in the right. "Tea time?" Patton smiled happily.

Logan fluttered his eyes for a second, and tried to not think of the reason Patton was having two tea times in a row. "Sure." He whispered, setting his things to the side. 

The two got in their onesies and drank their hot beverages as they watched Sherlock, for the hundredth time. It was a good show to rewatch. Logan sat across from Patton, on the couch, watching the more childish focus on the TV, that Logan had begun to classify as white noise. 

The teacher took in the details of his soulmate, his cheery smile, bright blue eyes, that were nothing like Logan's own dull eyes, and his curly, honey locks. Patton was stunning to say the least. Then Logan remembered Virgil, and how his dull green eyes complimented his purple hoodie. 

The bad and the good memories around these his soulmates came flooding in. The time they all met, the time Patton fell from a ladder and passed out, the time Logan taught Virgil about the stars, the time Virgil had had a panic attack, and last night. They were all memories about different people, but important ones. Logan may not get his happily ever after with Roman, but he had Virgil and Patton, who were willing to die for him. And Roman was too, just not romantically. Roman still loved him platonically. And right now, that was all Logan needed, three lovable dorks who loved him. He had his happy ending right here. 

Did someone ask for sour patch kids? Cause this was sour, sweet, gone. Sorry it's a short one.