A mistake

Patton and Roman were snuggled together, Roman spooning his soulmate. But something felt out of place. Patton felt like he should be hold someone, like Logan or Virgil. Playing with Logan's hair or peppering kisses onto Virgil. Either way, he felt lonely, despite Roman holding onto him tightly. The brunette wondered why he was thinking about this. Roman is right behind him, and even though Virgil and Logan are his soulmates, it felt like cheating to not say anything. Like he was fantasizing about loving another person, because he was. Was Roman not enough for him? Patton tried to shut his brain down from where ever his brain was leading, to no avail. Patton eventually fell asleep in Roman's arms, dreaming about all his soulmates.

The thoughts didn't stop, and they never would. Patton imagined a lot of Roman's kisses as Logan or Virgil's. He wanted to be closer to his soulmates, and love on them. But, Virgil and Logan already said they were platonic soulmates. And after they got together a week ago, the chances of them ever being together were slim. 

So, he talked to Dee about it. It was nice that he couldn't tell the truth actually, in that sense, as long as you knew he was always lying, you could figure out the truth. Patton would go on for most of their calls about how his crush on Virgil has multipled in size, and his feelings for Logan weren't close behind. Dee would roll his eyes, and encourage him to go on, which was his way of telling Patton to stop. But Patton wouldn't stop, he would go on forever if he could.

A couple weeks later, Dee had gotten some help with his lying. He could tell truths that he believed, like that yellow was the best color, he couldn't say the color of a dandelion, but it was a start. Anything that was up to the person, he could say.

It would take him a long while for him to tell whole truths, but that was fine. Because it was a year until Virgil told him something he needed to say the truth to, it just didn't go as he planned.

Dee was backstage from his magic show, twirling his baton. The fake scales on his face were falling, but right now he was too lazy to take it off. And suddenly his phone started ringing. "Virgil" was spelled in big, bold letters on his phone as he pressed the answer option.

"Hey, Virgil." The man with scales on his face greeted. 

"Yo' Dee, long time no see." Virgil laughed. It had been a long time, the last time they said anything but hey during Patton's calls was when Dee could only tell half truths. Dee wanted to start with establishing that, but Virgil wanted to start talking.

"So, Dee, I know you're still talking to Patton, and that he tells you everything. I just- I like him. I wanted to know if he feels the same way back." Virgil hummed, and Dee could hear his blush from the other line. Wouldn't this be an amazing first truth to tell Virgil?

"He loves you, Virgil. He loves you, Logan, and Roman more than life itself. He would die without you. He started giving me a list of baby names. He loves you, and the rest of you guys. He's a fool in love, he would break without all of you." Dee hummed, a large smile on his face. The magician could hear Virgil crying on the other line. He must be really happy, Dee thought.

"You mean that?" Virgil's voice broke.

"Of course," Dee reassured.

"You suck! You could have been more nice! What does half that even mean, you freak? Does Patton want us dead? If we stay around him he'll break? Is that what you're telling me? You couldn't try to be a little more subtle! I know he didn't like me, that he hated me, but you could've had some mercy!" Virgil was shouting at the phone.

"No, Virgil, that's not what I meant!" Dee tried to say louder than Virgil was crying, but the older just took it as an agreeing response.

"Dee, don't call this number again. I hate you, like Patton hates me." Virgil sobbed, his whimpers clear as he hung up the phone, tears falling down faster than ever before.

God, what had Dee done?