Late night talks

Sorry, it's short. I'll update again soon.

Rem was okay on the road. He wasn't as bad as Roman, but he was no Logan. So, Virgil wasn't as on edge as he could have been. Rem had turned on the radio, and started playing some popular pop song, tapping his fingers to it. The ride was filled with Rem talking over the music, about his friend, Becky, or something like that. Virgil would have not listened if it was any other person that talked in a "valley girl" accent, but right now, Virgil had nothing better to do, and Rem had a nice voice. It was strange, but nice.

The two arrived at the hotel. Virgil got out of the car, and said his good-bye to Rem, before booking it to the hotel. When the emo opened the door to the room, he found Elliot on the bed closest to the door, curiosity mixed with worry in the ravenette's eyes.

"Hey, Ell." Virgil greeted, walking over to his bed.

"Hey." Elliot forced a smile.

"I'm okay." The brunette stated, throwing off his jacket so he could sleep more comfortably. Though he was still going to sleep in his jeans, so comfort wasn't the main goal. 

"Alright." Elliot got under the covers, trying to be satisfied with that answer.

"You should be asleep by now, I thought you were tired." Virgil fussed over them.

"I thought you were supposed stay with me." Elliot grumbled before catching themself. "I'm so sorry. That sounded awful. I didn't mean that yo-"

"Hey, it's cool." Virgil held his hands up. "And you're right... I shouldn't have left you." Virgil knew how anxious his friend would get about being abandoned, but he still did it. Virgil wished he could undo it, but it was done.

"If you don't mind, why did you go with him anyway?" They asked, dark grey eyes pleading.

"He- He's my soulmate." Virgil answered.

"What? Really?" Elliot raised both their brows, a smirk growing on their face.

"Yeah." The emo smiled back.

"That's four now, you have four soulmate. What are you, now? A love pentagon?" They chuckled.

"Nah, we're a square with one line missing and a line going off in a random direction." Virgil smiled, actually think through it.

"What?" Elliot asked.

"Lo and Ro aren't connected and I don't think Rem is connected to anyone but me." The brunette sighed, playing with the sheets.

"But Rem hasn't met any of the others, how can you be sure?" The other asked.

"I showed him a pic of them. He didn't... Feel attracted to them. At least not as much as he did with me. It's strange." Virgil explained.

"Huh. Still unfair that you have four soulmates now, and I don't have any." The person with black hair laid down.

"Unfair to me. Do you have any idea how hard it is to deal with telling the truth to everyone? It's annoying when I want to tease Roman and say "you suck" because I can't. It'd be so much easier if there was no rule of having to tell the truth to your soulmate. I enjoy their company, and I wouldn't trade them for the world, but I'd rather have figured it out without the help of the inability to lie." Virgil ranted.

"At least you have someone. Those are petty things. I just want someone..." Elliot began tearing up.

Sh*t. Virgil did not want this to happen at eleven at night.

"Hey, you'll find them someday, and if you don't, you can always go to someone else." Virgil reminded them.

"Like, Micheal?" Elliot laughed wetly. "Please, when do non-soulmate relationship work out?" 

"Patton's parents aren't soulmates, and they are still together to this day." Virgil pointed out. Elliot actually felt comforted by that thought. And Patton turned out good, so there was a possibility. "Soulmates are perfect for each other, but you don't need to be perfect for each other to love eachother... God, what happened? Am I the optimistic one here?" 

"Thanks, Verge." Elliot smiled, turning over. "Try to get some sleep." 

"You too, Ell." Virgil sighed, pulling the cover over himself as he curled up, going to sleep.