it is none of your concern

Magnus walks in the institute and immediately finds himself slammed into the wall with a sereph blade at his throat.

"What do you think you are doing warlock?"

"That is none of your concern."

"As a shadowhunter of the new york institute, it is my duty to keep filthy downworlders out of the institute."

Magnus glares at the shadowhunter but before he can say anything, they hear footsteps behind them.

"By the angel, trueblood, what are you doing?"

"Waiting for this downworlder to tell me why he felt he can just walk into the institute just because he wanted to."

Before the shadowhunter can say anything else, alec has him on his back on the floor with his knee on his throat.

"You ok?"  Alec asks looking up at Magnus. Magnus nods thenalec looks back at the shadowhunter on the floor.  "It is none of your concern why the high warlock of brooklyn is here or what he is here to do."

"We all know what he is here to do."  He mumbles.

"Like I said, that is none of your concern."  He says, letting the young man up.  "You will go see Isabelle,  tell her that you are off guard duty and are now on cleaning duty til further notice."

He slouches off down the corridor  but not without turning and giving the kissing pair a dirty look.