Chapter 2-Edited

Recap:

I felt a soft poke on my cheek. I immediately understood that Veera was trying to wake me up. She is the punctual girl. Just one wake up call was enough for her. 

As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw a tall fair person throwing a bucket of cold water on me...

I knew who that is.

Chaaaraaaaaannnnn!!!!!!!!!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Chinmayi's POV:

Charan! That moron of a brother. That guy who just cannot even let me wake up with peace. No swear words can quench the anger I have for him. I wiped my face with my hands. I just stared at him.

With this act, by now, all my cousins had woken up. Chaachi was too surprised to react. Anirudh started giggling. Akhila ran to hug Charan. I was glaring at her. Veera was already in the bathroom.

"You kids, no!" Chaachi smiled.

"Now get ready quickly before Radha didi comes up. Remember, today is Saturday, it means, washing the bedsheets day. So, in a way, it's good that Charan performed his little stunt"

"Chaachi, please don't take his side. You know his intentions right?", I pouted while I complained to her still glaring at Charan.

She laughed and walked downstairs.

Charan playfully pulled Akhila's cheeks and hugged her back. Even though she was 21, Charan saw her like a small kid because, she was the youngest in our family. This was their game. Akhila was extremely close to Charan and he pampered her back. It was so beautiful to see, but definitely not when you are dripping wet.

"Gadhaa" I screamed at him and walked into my room to finish my morning chores.

My brother, all he did was, hopelessly laugh.

🍃🍃🍃

Half an hour later, the complete Sharma family was sitting in the dining room for breakfast. The dining table was long and oval shaped, and daada sat in one of the curved edges. Next to him sat daadi.

Dhadhaji and dhaadi looked extremely compatible together, even today after 40 years of marriage. Love was increasing, not in the cliche' way, but in silence and conduct.

Of course the movies and books would want us to believe that love marriage is what we should choose. But, looking at my own grandparents would want me to strongly disagree with that fact. Next to my grandparents sat their children, Shiv bade-papa and Shakti badi ma, Krishna pa and Radha ma, and finally, Ram Chaachu and Sita Chaachi.

The way Dhaadi chose her bahus were so beautiful. They were all made for each other, including their names. On the opposite side, the new gen Sharmas sat. Ofcourse, two chairs were empty for Vivek Bhai and Bhabhi.

Before eating, it was dhaadi's instructions to pray; she insists that this is our way of thanking and being grateful for that plate of meal. The breakfast was as tasty as ever. The meal starts with a glass of milk, a tasty tiffin and culminates with a fruit juice. Today, our tiffin was  Chappathi and aloo curry. Post that, the Sharma children went to our floor to wash the bedsheets, covers and curtains. This was the best part of being in our family, our elders taught us to be independent and self-sustainable.

Charan was busy in his room, studying for his exams. IAM student peeps; that's the hardwork and smartness you need to exhibit. I peeped into his room to think of ways to take revenge on him. Anirudh of course was right next to me.

"Woh pad Raha hai, Abhi nahi chahiye Chinmayi." 

"Nahi nahi, nothing doing, I was S.L.E.E.P.I.N.G. Did that idiot  consider that? 

"Chinnu, whatyadoinnnn...." dramatically asked Charan, like in Phineas and Fern T.V. show.

Dammit, he caught me. This is what happens if you are a younger sibling, the elder one just knows what you are upto. So so so annoying.

*Uggghhhhh*

As I slowly walked into his room, while Anirudh was shadowing me diagonally behind, I scornfully told him, "Hey smarty pants!"

Charan laughed at my childishness. Well ahmm, I am not liking this. He is being extremely nice to me. Except for the early morning scene, of course.

He is laughing at me and not arguing!

OMG!

He is just laughing! Now I am worried.  Normally, he would have pulled my hair or chased me and Anirudh out of his room or the brothers would choose the topic that I hate the most i.e., Current Affairs and purposely start talking, which later would actually become a conversation in bigger level amongst all the Sharma men at the dining table. But, now, Charan, my older sibling, just chose to laugh.

I looked at Anirudh, he looked worried too. But, slowly, he tried to change the topic by asking,

"Test huh, bro?"

"Yeah bro, what to do!"

"Prepared huh, bro?"

"In the process, bro!"

Aaah well, this is their typical conversation. They need to, oh come on, it is the biggest necessity for both of them to keep reminding each other that they are brothers by mentioning that word in line they speak.

*Uggghhhhh*

This is the so called bro-PDA and it exists.

* Facepalm *

"By the way bro, where's Veera, didn't see her after breakfast?"

"What are you saying bro, after breakfast tho, aapne room pe apne aapko band karke rak liya."

"Teek hai teek hai... Bolo, kaha hai woh bro?"

"Bro, woh Bhabhi se baath kar Rahi thi." 

"I see, why bro, suddenly, all okay?"

"Yeah, today's Saturday na, so lunch in the garden, we'll let you know there..."

My jaw dropped.

'Let us know'?

Since when were these people starting to have secrets huh? That's not correct. And damned hell I was right about something being there. I just didn't know that Veera was also involved.

"Oye, Chinnu, zyada math soch, I'll tell you okay?"

*Uggghhhhh*

He gets me right, again!

"Ok ok. I am not thinking too much and all. Now you go and  study!" I try to cover it all up. 

And yet, a million thoughts pop my head...

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

A/N:

Hi guys!

Here's the edited second chapter. 

And Hello 14k+ Family!

Since it's my first ever work, it did take a long time to sit down and work on it! I hope you are enjoying the journey!

Let us take a moment to pray for the world peace and fast recovery to normalcy. 

Thank you for all the support and love. Stay home and stay safe.

Cheers
Rashmi ♥️