Chapter 24-Edited

Megha's POV:

All of us stood in front of the mandir of Sharma Mansion. The whole family was spiritual and had never missed out on their daily prayers. Probably, this culture has been imbibed deeply even by the people of my generation because of the vibes of joint family and living with their grandparents.

My parents were also invited and their faces beamed with joy to be a part of the Sharma's family. Well, my heart somehow felt that everything is going to be fine.

I wore a green and blue salwar kameez with matching earrings and had left my wet hair free. The dress was a gift from my parents and the idea of free hair was Charan's wish. He is acting like it is more of his birthday than mine. Dressed in a mellow blue shirt and black jeans, he looked, definitely a big treat to my eyes!

Seeking blessings from my parents, both Charan and me led them to the shrine.

I was standing right behind Bhabhi and Bhai, who as usual looked so ravishing together. Bhabi wore a pink and gold heavy better saree and Bhai looked great in his black office suite.

While Charan stood, next to me. He pulled Akhila and Anirudh and made them stand to the other side of him.  

Chinmayi stood right beside me, towards my right and next to her was Veera.

In front of all of us stood the elders of the Sharma Mansion, who as always, initiated with the rituals. The hymns and songs sung with peaks of devotion filled the house with positivity and feel good vibes.

Once, the elders were done with the aarathi, Bhai and Bhabhi joined them.

"Megha, come...", called Radha ma.

I was taken by surprise, because, this is such a change in behaviour. In fact, I actually had plans of heading back home and join our daily rituals there and probably would have had a simple lunch with Charan and would have resumed to office, but Radha ma herself invited my parents over and wanted them to be a part of this occassion.

"Come, Megha and Charan, both of you-"

As we both went together and held the Arathi plate, I prayed to Lord Krishna to bestow the whole world with good health, wealth peace of mind and compassion. Everyone is our family, Vasudeiva Kutumbakam.

I also prayed for the Sharma's and for the Sasthry's, to fulfill everyone's dreams and may all the goodness spread in the atmospheric vibrations.

Lastly I prayed for Charan, my better half, my life and my soulmate, with whom, I'd want to spend my life and my death with. May his charming smile always reside on his beautiful face.

I slightly teared up, this is my prayer now to the Lord's feet on my birthday...

Veera, Chinmayi, Anirudh and Akhila then followed us. Finally, the pooja was over and Bhabhi distributed the prasad.

After that, I went to Dadaji and Dadima to take their blessings.

"Oh dear Megha, you have literally grown in our house, my dear. Happy birthday. May all your dreams come true, child. We feel so blessed to have you in our home, as our daughter in law. May you and Charan have a happy and healthy marriage. Where is he, call him!!", asked Dadaji.

As Charan slowly joined me, both of us together seeked the elders' blessings.

All of them wished me from their hearts and seeing this, my mother teared up, out of happiness.

Badi Ma then went and consoled my mother saying, " Shastry Ji, today is our daughter's birthday. Please don't cry. Soon, we shall solidify this relationship..."

Then, Badi ma and Choti ma invited all of us to the Dining Hall to serve  breakfast. All sorts of delicacies were kept in front of us. A complete meal was cooked by the women of the Sharma Mansion. Parathas, Kurma, steamed rice, dal, sweet pudding and mango juice. With a little bit of Charan pulling Akhila's leg and Badi ma constantly warning Charan to not do that, we had a light conversation with smiles and laughter.

Amma and appa also felt invited and a part of this family. The Sharma's and Sasthry's have been neighbours and family friends since my birth and now, taking this relationship to the next level, I really hope that they are comfortable with this.

As you know, I haven't yet visited  home after this. With Chinmayi's  and Veera's alliance with the Joshi's on the same day as that of when Charan actually broke about how he feels about me, and then with my mid night birthday celebrations, I really have to ask my parents, have 'the talk' with them.

That makes tonight the night, for we are all been invited to the Joshi's place for a pooja in their temple.

As I walked towards my parents, Charan joined me.

"Let's do this together dear...", He whispered.

"Don't be nervous, I am going to be there..."

How does he just know about everything?

My heart lightened as I felt more confident.

"Amma, Appa, did you have breakfast?", I asked.

My mother smiled.

"So now is the time you have got for us, dear?"

My face sunk. I really didn't know what to reply to that.

"No no Meghu, that's always in a woman. Always her husband's family comes first. In fact when you asked whether you can stay here to be there for Chinmayi beti, I felt so proud of you. My daughter understands the instincts of a bahu, without even me teaching it explicitly. I am very happy that you chose Charan. If this is what you want to hear, then, see, I have said it."

My eyes were pooled with tears. I didn't know what more to say. I just hugged my mother. She hugged me back and smoothened my hair.

"Go now dear, you have to leave to the Joshi's...

And give this on behalf of us...", Amma lent a basket of fruits to offer it to the Lord.

Also, I have invited the Sharma's to our home tonight, for dinner and to talk things...

And they agreed. Please come home early."

For this, even before I could reply, Charan did.

"Auntyji, we'll be there and I'll take care of your daughter as my life-"

"Charan and Megha, we need to leave to the Joshi's...", called Bhai.

"Beta, I know, we'll talk tonight... now please, carry on...", said Amma.

Once again Charan touched my parents feet.

I hugged my Amma. However Appa still didn't speak one word to me apart from wishing me for my birthday.

I smiled at him warmly and he reciprocated.

We took leave from my parents and from the others and were set to leave to the Joshi's.

***