Chapter 22-Edited

Megha's POV:

Moments which Charan so intimate and deep, felt perfect, consoling and right. The whole universe paused so that, we could have our personal time together. My first kiss with my guy, ha ha, I feel like a typical girl and trust me I am not like this.

Amidst all the things Chinmayi's going through she still took out time for me and her brother making sure that my birthday goes perfect. This is really inspite of every single thing that is happening around. I felt blessed, and somewhere deep down, I knew that with time, it's all going to be fine.

I stayed there hugging Charan, while his cheek rested on my head. I am not good at handling sarees, but it felt so good that he actually liked the way I looked today. As his hands decently rested on the skin of my back, I felt a tiny flutter raising through my spine and a void of excitement created in my throat. I held him tighter.

I could feel him smile at our reflex actions. It felt cute. ( Please admit it is :p)

I could hear his heartbeat and it did sound like my inner rhythm. Usually I am not like this, so is not Charan, but this shift in orientation and yet feeling so truly ourselves is because of the effect that we have on eachother and it is a magical feeling. Maybe this is love and I didn't want to jinx it. And so, you know what I did?

I pulled apart from the giant bubble of dizzy love and touched his head.

Touch wood they say!

"Hey, what happened?", He asked with a puzzled look.

I explained and he looked more puzzled than ever.

"So basically, you touched my head for touching wood because you didn't want to jinx the moment. Correct?"

"Yeah!", I winked.

And then the worst possible thing happened.

He just lifted me and dropped me on the bed and just started tickling me and I thought I'd die out of breathlessness and laughter.

Tears then started slipping from my eyes

( laughter se hota hai yaar!)

He stopped and suddenly, very seriously started kissing my tears away.

Remember, I am still in saree and I am now lying on his bed and he is virtually, on me.

But that didn't bother me, what did was, his expression on his face. It wasn't happy.

"What happened Charan?"

"Nothing!", he pulled back from my face and sat.

I slowly sat up on the bed and pulled him close to me. Holding his face in my palms, I asked him again.

"It's just that, I don't like you crying Megha. And lately, you haven't been treated well by ma. Inspite of all that you are still here, for me and for Chinmayi. How do you do it? I know you do not like saree and yet here you are, my girl in my room in my favourite colour dressed up like an angel for me. I just took your first kiss. I know you felt the flutter too. I know you love me and everything that is being happening to you, you are simply absorbing it for the same reason. All of this is exciting, painful, fearful, perfect, chaotic and just right; you know everything at once.

I cannot think of a moment away from you and yet at the same time, I know that I will only hurt you even more. I can't give up on you, but holding you will bring more tears from your eyes. I am standing on this thin line of irony, Megha and trust me I don't know what to do.

I am that guy who took your first kiss. It's a big deal. It felt perfect. I am also that guy who would bring you a lot of pain; again a big deal...."

"Shhhhh...", I slowly moved my right palm and placed it over his lips.

"How much do you think? I know you are all this genius and stuff okay? But this much of thinking?

Haalat ke liye teek nahi hai baba... Kyu ithna sochte ho?

Btw, aapko saadi acchi lagi? Ye tho acchi Baath hai... Sharm bhi as Rahi hai..", I confessed and covered my face.

He literally pulled me onto him as we both fell, him on the bed and me on him. His arm was wound around my bare waist, trust me, it was so decent and natural. I blushed even more.

But this is not the time to blush like a teenager. He needs to know what I really think of him and us.

I slowly crawled up to his perfect face. Playfully, my fingers caressed his pokey beard while my eyes locked onto his. His other arm also wound around my waist.

"See...", I whispered.

"My first and last kiss is always with you. Get that through your head. I loved it, I hope you did too. But even before you reply and make me feel shy and more girly than ever before, let me finish..."

He chuckled and smiled at once but wisely chose not to say anything.

"Aunty ji is hurt now but eventually she will be fine, don't worry about it. I'll make sure of that , okay? And about Chinnu, she is my best friend even before you became my breath Charan. So, please understand that I will always and forever be there. Now, the bond is even stronger. I am her sister in law.

Everything will be fine. Okay? I love you and right now, I just want you to do something..."

He thought of something to be "something"

Horror and the boy behaviour threw on his face as expressions.

"Cheeee... Idiot...not that. "

"What?"

I buried my face in the nape of his neck.

He just started laughing that I could feel his tummy's vibrations.

He just rolled me onto the side of the bed and looked at me.

I didn't dare move from my most comfortable position.

I could feel his breath on my ear.

He gently whispered, "What?"

"1. I just want to take a selfie in this saree with you.

2. Can I borrow your T shirt and pant?

3. Cuddle with me.

4. Kiss me good night.

5. Let's fall asleep, it's frigging late."

"Megha this is not something, this is a list of things...can I start with the kissing?"

"Heyy...don't make me blush... you know I am this big tough tom boy..."

"Is it?", And he softly kissed my neck.

God, this guy know!

***

A/N:

So, here's the next update! The weekend is almost here so, I'll get some breather time. Definitely you'll be given amazing surprises!

I know you're all eager to know more about Chinnu and Deepak and waiting for my replies. I'll address and fulfill them all! 😉😘🤗

Good day! ❤️