Chapter 12

Mason's POV

  It's been two weeks since we have found out the cancer in her colon is the size of a grapefruit an Urshall wanted to start her treatments that day. I can see the toll the chemotherapy and radiation is doing on her physically and emotionally even though she puts a smile on her face.

She hardly eats so for that she has lost so much weight that she looks fragile enough to break if you breath on her hard enough. I had the maid fix some chicken broth for Andy while I finished up some paper work on a few of the businesses I was having built in the city.

When I finished I walked up to our room to check on her before going to the meeting hall for a couple meetings. I opened the door to see her sitting against the bed in the floor my heart sank as I ran to her

I spoke in a panicked voice ," Darling what happened?"

She looked up at me and with sadness in her voice , " I was walking from the bath room and my legs just gave out. I thought I was getting some strength back."

" Your body is tired Andy. You will get stronger I promise. I need to get you back in bed. I have one of the maids bringing you some soup so you need to try and eat for me." I said with the upmost sincerity with a hand on her cheek.

As I picked up her feather light body I felt her nod her head against my shoulder. I layed her down and pulled the comforter over her small body. I smoothed her hair and bent down to put a kiss on her forehead.

   I had to have a meeting with a couple alphas about some trading issues we have and it's the last thing I want to do when Andy is in the shape she's in but I'm the king and it I'd my job.

I walk into the meeting hall and sit at the head of the table as the alphas file in and sit at their asigned seats along each side. I sip on my drink as I wait to start the meeting.

The first one to speak is Jonathan whom I have a rough relationship with ," Your majesty before we start the official business I would like to bring up a different topic. I have heard through certain sources that you have found your mate, our queen."

I was furious. How did he find out about Andy. Only a few people know about her and my house is guarded at all times.

A growl ripped through me and I stood up ," Who gave this information!?" 

I saw the fear in everyone's eyes except his was filled with amusement when he said ," So our king has found our queen. Is there a reason why you have not introduced her?"

That was it for my wolf to take control. I jumped up and run around to him. I grabbed his throat and slung him across the room into the wall. Before he could get to his feet I was shoving him into wall crushing his throat.

I spoke with pure anger in my voice ," Last chance for you to tell me how you got your information! I will speak of your queen when I am ready to do so!"

He spat out blood and laughed in my face ," The kingdom wants to meet their Queen. They are getting restless. I feel you should dump your weakling of a mate and mate Kaytlin." I laughed at his statement bitterly.

  Kaytlin was nothing more than a bed warmer. I never had enough attraction to her to want to have sex with her. As soon as I was about to speak I felt her presence behind me.

Kaytlin cleared her throat ," Mason come on let's talk sweety."

   This day has to be the worst. The two people I hate the most come here on the same day.

I groan and roll my eyes ," What do you want to talk about Kaytlin?" 

" I have the information you want about the rat." She said with her hand on my shoulder.

That was all I needed to order everyone out of the hall. I mind linked the guards to take Jonathan to holding so I can talk to him later. I walked over to my chair and grabbed my drink and before I could speak she was on my lap kissing me.

I don't know why I'm not stopping her. I have my mate now and there is no attraction I have towards her. Before I could shove her off me I smelt Andy and then I heard her gasp.

I shoved Kaytlin off to see Andy standing in the door way with her hand over her mouth and tears in her eyes.

Kaytlin scoffed ," Who is this little bitch? She is as weak as they come by the looks of it."

Before I could say or do anything Annabelle walked in and put her hand on Andy's shoulder to speak ," Andy come on you don't need this stress. You shouldn't even be up."

I was at a loss of words at the situation. I looked over and Kaytlin was walking towards Andy saying ," You are just human. What can you possibly do for a werewolf king? You are nothing. You are weak."

I wasn't expecting Andy to speak up but what I heard shocked me ," Well I may be weak in your eyes but I'm fighting the biggest battle of my life right now. I don't have time for a wanna be hooker. I'm tired of being perceived as weak. I may not be able to stand toe to toe with you in strength but in every other aspect bring it on."

I was so proud of how she handled her self but I snapped out of it when I noticed how Andy was now having to lean on Annabelle for support. Andy leaned in a whispered a few words in Annabelle's ear and Annabelle nodded her head.

Before they left out of the room Andy turned her head to tell me ," You say I'm your mate and yet you do this especially when I'm at my lowest." She shook her head," I can't even look at you. You have hurt me deeper than anybody ever has. Until you figure out if I'm fit to be beside you as your mate don't speak to me."

After she said that they walked out. All I could do was order the guards to take Kaytlin  down to the dungeons as I sat in my chair going through everything that just happened.