Chapter 19

Andy's POV

I woke up to Mason kissing every inch of my face. I'm not feeling like getting up this morning so I groan and roll over . Before I could pull the comforter over my head Mason snatches all the covers off the bed leaving me exposed in nothing but one of my oversized shirts.

" What the heck Mase?! Its too early for all this and I'm freezing so can you please give me the comforter back." I said in a frustrated tone.

He looked at me amused and said ," Come on Andy we need to get you up and ready. "

What in the world could he have planned before daylight that would require me to get dressed. Confused I ask ," What are we doing Mase?"

He walked up to me and sat down on the edge of the bed to grab my hand. He cleared his throat and look me in the eyes ," Urshall says its time for your surgery. The sooner it happens the better Andy. Plus this is the first step in your recovery darling."

My mind went blank at the though of having surgery with in the next couple of hours and I know Mason could feel how nervous I was through the mate bond because he grabbed my chin so I couldn't look away when he said," Andy I am going to be here the whole time. I promise. Just remember this is the first step in your recovery."

I nodded my head and shivered. Today was going to be one of my bad days because I cant stay warm. Mason knew when I was going to have my bad days before I would know it seems like.

He grabbed the comforter and wrapped me up. When he was satisfied he picked me and and kissed my forehead.

Mason walked into the room with me in his arms that Urshall had set up a few months ago. I was shocked at how he transformed it onto a surgical room. It even had that sickening antiseptic smell that I despise.

Urshall walked up to me and said ," Luna today is the big day. I know you must be scared but trust me when I say I will take care of you. It will be over before you know it.OK?"

I nodded my head and everyone jumped into action. The nurses started pulling out equipment and blankets as Mason walked me over and sat me on the table. I noticed the worry in his eyes that he was trying to hide as the nurse was hooking an IV in my arm.

To take my mind off the needle I looked at Mason and said ," By the look on your face I would think you were the one about to have surgery Mase."

He held my hand and shook his head with a small smile on his face ," I would rather be the one on this table than you . If I could take your place I would." I

put my hand on the side of his face and looked into his eyes and said ," Mason I love you. No matter what happens remember you saved my life. You saved me from myself."

He furrowed his brows and responded ," You talk like your not going to wake up. Don't talk like that."

I shrugged my shoulders and before I could respond Urshall came up to us and said ," Its time Alpha. Luna can you please lay back. The nurse is going to put this mask on your face and your going to go to sleep." I took in a deep breath and lay down. All the while Mason not letting my hand go.

I whispered " I love you " to Mason before the nurse put the mask on my face. The last thing I remember is Mason kissing my forehead.

Mason's POV

I watched as she closed her beautiful eyes and drifted off to sleep. I looked up at Urshall and said ," Take care of her."

He nodded his head and said ," I promise to take care of her Alpha. I'm not sure exactly how long it will take but I will let you know when I am done." I took one last look at Andy before the nurse went to put the breathing tube down her throat and I walked out.