Chapter 35

~Dan's POV~

"Meet your new kids!" Louise says before opening the door that will change our life's.
Appeared in the door way was our new children. The children came to us in a shy manner, but we smiled letting them know we were good people.
"This is your little girl Elinna and your baby boy Brendon." Louise said. Elinna was five years old and Brendon was about three months old. Elinna was in a dirty dress that looked like it was made with rags. She wore a white winter hat that was as dirty as the dress. Elinna had beautiful, bright blue eyes that reminded me of Phil's eyes. She had wild brown hair that looked like it has never been brushed once. In Elinna's hands was Brendon. Brendon was in a filthy baby blue blanket with white stripes. Brendon had black hair and green eyes that could light up a room. I looked at Phil; He had teary eyes from seeing our kids at first sight. I looked back at the kids.
"Hello, Elinna and Brendon." I said slowly and calmly. "How are you?"
"G-good." Elinna said in a raspy voice. "Who are you two?"
"Well, we're your new parents." I said. "I'm Dan and this is Phil and we're your new daddys." Elinna just stared at us for a moment, and then smiled. Elinna carried Brendon over and hugged Phil. Phil began to cry really hard.
"I promise you two you'll love us. We already love you." Phil said. "Can I hold Brendon?" Phil asked Elinna.
"Uh-huh." Elinna said, handing Brendon over to Phil.
"Be careful." I say in a teasing way, making Phil laugh.
"He's so handsome." Phil says. "Hi baby Brendon. I'm your new daddy! What do you think about that?" Phil asks, stroking his chin. "Here Dan, hold your new baby." Phil says handing Brendon over to me. For the first time I held my child in my arms, he just stared at me with loving eyes.
"Hello, baby." I say shaking my nose against his nose softly. "Hey Elinna, come give me a hug?" I ask. She walks over to me smiling jumping on me giving me a huge hug filled with love. "Aww, thank you." I say smiling. I begin to tear up, this is the first time I've ever held both of my kids.. "I love you two." I say. "Okay, do you want to sit on my lap or other daddy's lap?" I ask Elinna.
"Umm..." She says thinking, taping her chin. "I'll sit on other daddy's lap." Elinna runs over to Phil and places herself on his lap.
"Alright," Louise says. "If you have any problems please let us know."
"Okay, thank you." Phil says, opening the door. "Are you ready to go see your new home?" Phil asks, holding Elinna's hand.
"Yeah!"
"Alright honey." I say, holding Brendon. "Its just down the road, we'll be there shortly." And at that moment I could finally say I had a family.

//A/N: Salutations fellow readers! Alright, the story is not over yet, but I have a few things to say: 1) Instead of the baby boy's name being "Brendon" I almost named him Peter, I don't know why. If you think the name "Peter" would have been better comment down below. 2) In the next chapter I'll be giving you some facts about me. I've got so far in this book and you know nothing about me! So that will be the next chapter. Alright, I think that's it. Remember: Stay Strong, Live On, And Power To The Local Dreamer.//