Chapter Thirty Eight

| Thirty-Eight |

|Jesse|

I walked back to my apartment in a trance. I knew I needed to stop there to collect some things. I also knew I was taking in incredible risk going back to my apartment. It made me look bad sneaking in. I needed to walk in with confidence and my mind only focused on Seres was making me lose control. 

What if she could actually be resurrected? Were they going to use her against me? How would any of this work in my favor? What did Luxinia have to do with this? Why did Everen give me this vial? All these questions were soon starting to give me a headache and it pissed me off that I couldn't do anything to remedy the problems at hand. I knew so much, but at the same time, I didn't know anything at all. I had all the facts with no information for it to make sense.

Walking up to my condominium, I took out my keys and opened the door. To my surprise, Bloodtrei and Dominick were there, Dominick at my bar mixing drinks and Bloodtrei sitting on my couch. 

"Ah! The man we have been looking for! Come take a seat my great demon." Bloodtrei grinned maliciously. 

I took in the situation. Dominick, I would be able to fight him head-on. However, Bloodtrei had a power that none of us knew. I would be fighting a mystery and with all my training I knew when I would lose a fight. I was overpowered and outnumbered. I needed to play my cards right. 

"Dominick here tells me that you attacked him in the night of the ball. The only question I have is, do you have any sort of connection to the succubi that attacked that night?" Bloodtrei's eyes flashed red as he waited for my answer.

Dom was leaning against my bar with a shit-eating grin on his face like he knew I couldn't get out of this mess. "I do not have any connection. I thought Dom was affiliated with the succubi due to the fact that he was dragging Lux off as if he wanted to abduct her."

Bloodtrei paused and seemed to think about something before he spoke again. "Ah, Luxinia in the middle of this all over again. She really seems to be a thorn in my side. Especially with what Dominick has told me about her. I've sent out an order to bring in Luxinia alive to me. I will be claiming her and keeping an eye on her. If she doesn't behave I have issued an order to kill her on sight. Do you have any knowledge of her whereabouts? It's obvious that she was a part of the succubi attacks and we have officially confirmed that she was the one to kill those incubi from the start."

"I have no idea where she is and if I did I assure you I would've brought her in."

"Where have you been Jesse? After the ball, you disappeared and I distinctly remember you being comatose. How did you manage to escape?" Dominick smirked, knowing damn well he managed to stab me with a seraphic blade.

"I'm a greater demon for a reason. I know how to come back from things. Any sort of things." I snapped, wondering how the hell he could wield a seraphic blade.

"Jesse, do you remember anything of your past? As you know you lost your memories due to a horrific accident and I was wondering if you regained any of them recently. Don't be afraid to let me know since I am here to help all of my incubi." Bloodtrei commented watching me closely. 

He knew something was up. My memories weren't all back, but I knew that Dom and he had something to do with Seres' death. I knew he wanted to know if I was compromised. Especially if I attacked Dominick.